Lily

I gathered all our picnic necessities before shutting the car door.

"Hey!" I turned around to see Lily dancing around in the meadow, which was ironically filled with millions of lilies. "Remember when my dad would bring us here when we were younger? He'd let us run around all day until we couldn't breathe anymore. He told me that the only thing he needed to look for to find us in the tall grass was, 'Your floppy mop of curls running kilometers behind mine'."

She stopped to smile at me, and I smiled back at her.

"Yeah, I remember."

It was like for just that moment, my world came into focus and I knew who I was, and what I was supposed to do.

I knew what I needed in my life, and what I couldn't live without.

Lily.

The moment ended, but I could still feel it in the atmosphere. As if our love was so strong even the universe couldn't fight it; except that was the problem.

Did she love me as much as I loved her?

"Harry!"

I looked up at Lily again to see that this time she was already sitting on our blanket in the center of the meadow. The picnic basket was opened with all of it's contents spread out neatly on the blanket.

"Y-Yeah?"

"You know you blank out a lot." She smirked patting the spot next to her.

I nervously laughed, sitting in the spot she had pointed out for me.

"Okay so tell me, how was your summer away in Los Angeles?" I watched as she picked a grape out of the bowl; quickly plopping it into her mouth before turning back to me.

"Oh it was so-so you know." I grabbed 2 champagne glasses from the basket, setting them on the wooden board Lily had put on the blanket.

"Oh come on Harold," she said slightly punching my shoulder. I rubbed my shoulder, faking a wince. She laughed before continuing, "You in Los Angeles okay, one of the hottest places on earth, and you're going to tell me that nothing happened? No girls?"

I looked at her as she looked back at me. I could see the brown and green speckles in the blue of her eyes, and how one eye was slightly lazier than the other; just slightly. I could see how her hair line started as a widows peak, making me remember all the times she complained about it as she tried to put her hair up in a ponytail.

Most importantly, I could see all the beauty and kindness and intelligence and authenticity radiating off her. All of the things that she said she never had, and yet they were already a part of her.

Then I saw all the times when she would cry because of her boyfriends, and how I'd be the first person she called. All the times she'd cry on my shoulder, and how I didn't want to leave her to go to Los Angeles.

"Harry?" She pouted, turning her head to the side in a questioning way.

"There was a girl." She smiled, "Yeah who?"

"You." ----

That's what I should have said, but instead I said, "She was back home. I met her before my flight."

"Yeah, well maybe you can introduce me sometime." She intertwined our hands, her's fitting perfectly in mine.

"Yeah, sure." I answered almost out of breathe, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Alright!" She let go of my hand, leaving behind a tingling feeling. "Let's get this reunion started!"

She picked up the champagne bottle, shaking it before she popped it open; causing the contents to spill over the grass.