4- How I got my Mashū

I wake up to the smell of breakfast and I run down stairs to the first floor.

I see Yukio sitting at the table and Rin in the kitchen helping that little demon Ukobach cook our food.

I sneak into the kitchen to scare Rin.

I tip toed behind him and yelled boo as I nudged him.

He jumps, spilling the salt on the floor.

"Oh great" he whined.

I giggled for a sec and then freaked out a bit.

"YOU'LL GET BAD LUCK, HURRY! Throw it over your left shoulder with your right hand."

"Seriously?" Rin said give me a disappointed look on his face.

"Just do it, please."

Rin sighed and threw the salt over his left shoulder hitting Ukobach and making him sneeze.

"Sorry Ukobach, she made me."

"Uhh, only because I didn't want you getting bad luck."

"You really believe in that kind of stuff?" Rin asked.

"Why yes, yes I do. Even if it isn't true, it's better to take precautions than to regret not doing it."

Rin giggled at my explanation and continued cooking the breakfast.

I went and sat in front of Yukio until the food was ready.

Rin walks in with our breakfast in his hands and sits down next to me.

We give thanks before we begin eating. Before I took my first bite Yukio says....

"Y/N, I think I figured out how you got your mashū."

Rin and I both look up with surprised faces.

"How?"

"This isn't certain but I think I'm correct. You said that your mom protected you from Satan with your sword and once you touched the sword you got the memory of that burn on your wrist back, correct?"

"Yes.."

"Satan was the one who gave you your mashū. He touched your wrist possibly trying to pull you into the gate of Gehenna but your mother stopped him with that sword, she died in the sake of your safety. Leaving the sword behind to protect you when you need it" Yukio explains.

"It all makes sense now."

'But that still doesn't explain why Mephisto said I was special. Whats so special about me?' I say in my mind.

"I need to avenge my mother. I need to kill Satan, he is my enemy." I say with rage.

Yukio and Rin just look at each other.