Chapter 1

I groaned getting woken up by my alarm clock. Today was a typical Thursday morning, same routine, wake up, eat, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, and I did it all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love my work, I'm a professional hair and makeup stylist and I love what I do. It's just, living in California all by yourself isn't fun, at all. As usual, I get a call from my mom.

"Hey mom, yeah I'm getting ready to go to work so I'll call you when I get there, bye." I struggle my way to the bathroom, then change my clothes. I put on blue skinny jeans and a black tank top, I cover it with a sweater and get to my hair. I normally pull it into a high pony since I don't like getting my hair in my face while working with people. I put on a decent amount of makeup before I rush down the stairs to eat. I make myself some chocolate chip pancakes then head out the door.

"Y/n! Hey!" My best friend Kate who works with me runs to me with welcoming arms.

"Boss wants to speak with you." She finally says.

"Boss? Why?" I nervously ask, I can't be getting fired can I?

"I don't really know, but she seemed happy so it's probably good news or she's really happy about firing you..." She laughs.

"Heh, I should get going, see you Kate." I say to her before walking to Mrs. Miller's office.

"Y/n, ah! I've been looking for you, I have really great news!"

"What is it?" I ask a bit impatiently, wanting to get whatever this is over with.
            "Your hair and makeup skills have been really popular and caught the attention of One Direction's management, they want you to go on tour with them as their hair and makeup artist!"