Prologue

"Welcome to the world little one." A smooth voice said. A little black Kit mewed and placed her tiny paw on her mother's. She couldn't see anything. Her mother held her still as she licked the blood off her newborn kit.
The little kit heard more mewling around her.
When her mother was done, she laid down and the black kit and others, considering there was lots of mewing, drank some milk from their mother peacefully for a few moons.
But it was not peaceful enough.
They suddenly one day, heard large thrumming pawsteps, coming from the surrounding woods.
The mother didn't know what it was at first so she just got up and stood in front of her kits to protect them.
Then it came into view.
A large mutt with shaggy fur and sharp yellow teeth with drool dripping down his muzzle.
The mother than put some kits on her back, and grabbed as much as she could by the scruff and ran.
Some kits fell off, but the mother couldn't do anything about it.
She just continued to run as tears ran down her muzzle.
The mother then dropped the little black kit.
The little black kit started mewling and reaching out a tiny useless paw to her mother, but she kept running. Why won't she stop running? Is she abandoning me?! The kit thought.
At that very moment, the black kit opens her eyes and sees the dog staring right at her.
The dog growled some gibberish in his dog language and circled the kit. "Hi there, big scary mutt dog thing. Please don't eat me." The kit begged.
The dog growled but then the kit unsheathed her little black claws and clawed the dog across his face.
She then ran and hid while the dog recovered himself.
The dog then got up and started walking towards the kit's hiding spot until someone called, "Tucker!" Then the dog turned his head towards the noise and ran.
The little black kit watched him leave, tears blurred her vision as she just started getting the realization of what just happened.
She just sat there, and cried.