⇀ nine

THALIA WAS LIVID. As soon as the Midnight disappeared as if it had melted into the shadows, she stormed into her quarters. Her day was going horribly so far; the only good thing that had happened was that she was able to recruit a new crew member. Other than that? Nada. She managed to lose two of her most valuable prisoners, and had gotten a heavy orb of Celestial Bronze that tore a hole on the hull.

The ship shuddered, and she heard Jason's muffled order to hold on. Thalia didn't.

She knew her ship fairly well, and as she was a daughter of Zeus, she had asked her men (and women) to install hidden oars and had them upgrade several complex parts of the vessel so that they could go airborne. Thank the gods, she thought of it.

Soon, they were in the sky.

There was only the whistling of the wind and silence that accompanied her in the room. Thalia Grace let out a small sigh of relief, as she was finally in her familiar grounds. Well, she or should say, familiar skies.

Then an Iris Message appeared before her, revealing a person she barely recognized. A small eerie smile crept onto her face. It was her snitch from within the di Angelo ship.

"I bring good news for you, captain." the demigod said, but the words came out as a whisper. "They've found the key,"

———————

Reyna watched as her sister disappeared in the crowd. Hylla and her had parted ways; the older Arellano sibling saying that she wished to do nothing more with piracy and such, whilst Reyna stayed. She didn't know why, but it just felt right.

The Midnight was docked in the bustling city of Reyna-didn't-really-care-what-the-name-was. She then let out a small sigh and headed for a bar called the Princess Andromeda, where the rest of her friends and the crew of the Midnight were. She found that Hazel was actually a fun companion, regardless her weird choice of words.

She sat down on a stool beside a girl with auburn hair that tumbled past her shoulders. The daughter of Bellona was thankful for the change of clothes, and now she was wearing a set similar to Hazel's, but the shade of her shirt was much lighter with the print SPQR in gold on the upper right side.

"One beer, please." she said to the bartender. He had black hair that slicked back, and golden eyes just like the daughter of Pluto; but they were cold and unnerving. There was something about the way he watched her that made her want to run out of the city and never look back.

"Make that two. The payment's on me,"

Reyna rolled her eyes and turned to face the speaker. It was the girl with auburn hair. She had startlingly bright green eyes the colour of leaves, a splash of freckles across her face, and slightly tan skin. She seemed to be about the same age as the Roman.

"And you are?" she asked bluntly, raising an eyebrow.

"Kinzie," the girl replied simply before handing the man several coins. His nameplate read Hello! My Name is, and written below it in perfect script was The Time Lord. Reyna knew from instinct that there is definitely something about to go horribly wrong. She knew that name from somewhere, but the memory was old. Reyna decided to push the thought asidea huge mistake on her part.

"Well, Kinzie," she said in a stone cold voice. "I'm pretty sure that I can pay for my own drink."

The girl called Kinzie only rolled her eyes. She had a black-and-red tattoo on the side of her neck, but it was covered by her hair. Reyna could only see the half of it, but she figured that the unseen portion was an exact mirror image of the visible part.