not so subtle signs | 7

Maddie shivered, who on earth could have sent that? She asked herself. Shrugging, she returned her phone to her pocket, Maddie was far too emotionally drained to deal with some ridiculous prank.

She decided to draw the conclusion that it was just Brynn messing with her.

After what felt like hours, Kalani reached the Ziegler's home, luckily for the pair, they were the first to be dropped off. Mackenzie and Maddie rushed out of the car without a single word.

"Stupid club!" Mackenzie screeched after Kalani's car was out of sight. "I wish I never even met Brynn!" Mackenzie dropped to the ground, her eyes acting as sprinklers, flooding water onto the grass.

"Mackenzie it's okay!" Maddie knelt at her sisters side. "It's over now Kenz, no more club, no more Brynn. We can just forget all about it." Maddie assured.

"Are you sure Maddie?" Mackenzie whimpered.

"Positive." Maddie grasped Mackenzie's hand and pulled her inside. They began to creep up the stairs.

"Girls," Melissa appeared at the top of the stair case, "what are you doing back here? I thought you were staying the night at a friends?" She said whilst rubbing her eyes.

"We weren't comfortable, so we left." Maddie spoke, trying to hide the fear and exhaustion in her voice.

She wasn't lying.

"Alright, get some rest, it's late." Melissa finished before retreating to her bedroom.

Maddie let out a sigh as she reached her bedroom door. She twisted the door handle half way before feeling a tap on her shoulder. Spinning around, she faced Mackenzie. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Maddie can I sleep in your room?" Mackenzie asked, a tear sliding down her left cheek.

"Of course Kenzie." Maddie half-smiled down at her younger sister before leading her into the room.

Neither of the girls bothered to take any clothes or makeup off. They collapsed onto Maddie's large bed.

"Goodnight Madz." Mackenzie whispered.

"Goodnight Kenz."

~~~~

Brynn fluttered her eyes open after the best sleep she'd had in weeks. "Like a baby." She chuckled to herself before letting out a small yawn. She stretched her arms before slipping out of her bed.

Brynn blindly made her way into her bathroom to have a shower. After closing the door she spun around and let out a scream. Her eyes widened at the message drawn on the mirror.

'We all hate Brynn Ashlee Rumfallo.'

Brynn cupped her mouth, the mirror was fogged, but there was no heat in the room, almost as if someone had fogged it up with their breath.

Brynn was horrified, the message was a manipulated Brynn Rumfallo quote. The original being, 'we all hate Candle K Vertes'. Brynn's breathing became rapid as she exited the bathroom on instant.

Surely this was some sick sort of prank, she thought.

~~~~

Kalani strutted towards her locker, nose in the air, not a single regret. She made her way to her locker and could already overhear chatter about Kendall.

"I have no idea!" One girl exasperated.

"She wont answer my calls! She always answers my calls!" Another girl worried.

"Give me a break, it's been one day." Kalani mumbled knowing very well that the 'one day' the school is rid of Kendall Vertes will become a lifetime.

Kalani felt no remorse, in her opinion, Kendall got everything she deserved.

"Lani I need to talk to you right now it's urgent." Brynn appeared next to Kalani's locker.

"Yeah don't call me that." Kalani spat.

"What?" Brynn was utterly confused, she needed to share the morning event with her best friend.

"Go talk to your best friend about it." Kalani was fed-up with Brynn's nonsense.

"Fine." A quick tempered Brynn responded before storming away.

With a huff Kalani opened her locker to find a red envelope.

Love letter? Secret admirer? Kalani imagined the possibilities while unavailing the note. Flipping her hair, Kalani began to read.

'Kalani I was so popular. I would have treated you much better than that, kisses!'

A shiver raked down Kalani's spine, kisses? Kendall's kisses?

No.

This is probably Mackenzie and Brynn trying to make me feel even worse. She scoffed at the thought. Kalani would find someone far better than Brynn, someone in her own year.

-
do you guys actually like this? 😂
idk it's so trash to me and i kinda have
an idea where i want it to go but then again i dont? do you guys have any suggestions? please comment if you do bc i need help lmaoooaoa
-mj