Chapter 18

Hiro's POV
I woke up from hearing some sounds from the cafe as well as the smell of pastries. I rub my eyes and stood up from my bed. Well, I tried to but my foot ended up getting caught in the blanket and I face planted. Great way to start the day.

"Ow."

I was expecting the usual sound of Baymax inflating and hovering over me, saying

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?"

I would keep telling him I'm fine, but he'd scan me and state the injury.

But that never happened.

I got up and brushed the dust off my clothing and I heard footsteps running up the stairs.

"Hiro? Are you ok?"

Y/n appeared at the top of the stairs, with a white apron. Wait, was she helping Aunt Cass? This just makes me fall for her more. She's so kind and helpful. She's very caring as well.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, trying to get those thoughts out of the way.

"Are you sure? That was a loud thump that I heard from the cafe down there." She said, hanging the apron on one of the coat racks.

"Really. I'm fine."

"If you say so."

She sat next to my bed and her gaze was focused somewhere.

"So what were you doing down there?"

No response.

"Y/n?" She didn't react. "Hello? Yyyyy/nnnnnn?"

I wave a hand in front of her face and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"S-sorry." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"What were you thinking about?"

There was a small moment of silence.

"Hiro, are you planning on going to SFIT?"

SFIT. The Nerd School. I forgot all about it. I thought about the question for a bit.

"Y-Yeah. Why?"

She look slightly depressed. I mean it wasn't very obvious but there's just a hint of it.

"Don't you want to start bringing things to your lab and everything?"

"Yeah. I should start doing that soon."

"I can help you carry the boxes and unpack if you would like?"

"Of course you can."

"Thanks Hiro."

She smiled at me but I knew it was forced. Something was just off. I realized that she wanted to register for SFIT. I remember her saying that it was her dream college.

"Y/n, you want to attend SFIT with me?"

Her smile changed to a frown.

"I would love to but I haven't gotten accepted. I couldn't go to the showcase so I have to wait until next year."

As if on cue, Aunt Cass suddenly ran in the room, in her apron and all. She even had a whisk in her hand. The heck? Like I seriously need a door to my room. The stairs just lead straight to my room. You turn left and you'll already see my desks and my bed. I need my privacy you know?

"Sorry to break the romantic moment but I called SFIT about registering and they said that Y/n can attend!" She cheered.

I smiled and when I turned to her, my smile grew bigger.