Chapter 1: School

Note: This is all in Shizuo's POV. Also, lots of swearing from Shizuo. Some from Izaya.

I walked into a school I never even wanted to be in, yet here I am, walking into school with a God damn uniform on.

A whole week went by before I talked to anyone. I was the loner in the corner. No one wanted to talk to me.

That Friday, there was a dance. I thought, 'Why not? Maybe it'll be fun?' I wore a nice suite to this dance. And the person who stuck out to me the most was on the other side of the dance floor, with black hair. He was alone at the time, so I walked over to him and said, "You alone here too?"

He replied, "Who are you?" His voice full of curiosity.

"My name is Shizuo Heiwajima. I'm new here. What's your name?"

He smile a devilish grin, "I'm Izaya Orihara." He paused for a moment. "Nice to meet you, Shizu-chan."

No one ever had a nickname for me... But this one, I didn't like.

"Don't call me that."

We spent the rest of the evening dancing and talking to each other. I still didn't know what to think of this guy. He seemed too smart for his own good.

I went home, and my grandfather picked me up.

"How'd it go? Make any friends?"

"I didn't make any friends, but I started talking to this one guy, Izaya."

My family knew I wasn't interested in relationships, but they still teased me.

He nudged me with his elbow. "You like him?" He smiled.

I glared at him, but said nothing.

The next day I noticed we had lunch together, so I sat with Izaya, since I had no one else to sit with. We talked some more, but he wouldn't stop calling me Shizu-chan. And that was beginning to piss me off.

"I've told you to stop calling me that!" I yelled in anger.

He smiled, pleased that I was angry. "You're fun to mess with, Shizu-chan."

I glared at him and walked away. I wasn't about to destroy the Commons with one swipe of my arm.

I stood in the bathroom, leaning on the counter, staring at myself, trying to get myself to calm down.

'What's up with this guy,' I thought. 'No one has ever made me that angry before. I've been angry before and almost destroyed the house. But, why this guy. What's-'

My rant was cut off by someone walking into the bathroom.

Izaya~

I glared at him. "What do you want?"

"You were in here a long time, I wanted to make sure you were OK."

"Yes, I'm fine," I glared. Geez, he was getting on my nerves. Plus, why was he so worried about me...

He looked away, almost shy. "Ok, well, are you calm now?"

"Yea." I walked out of the bathroom with him.

That's pretty much how every lunch went. He would piss me off, I'd run to the bathroom, calm down, he'd come in, make sure I was OK, and then we'd leave and continue lunch, usually by laughing.

It came to be the end of senior year, and I'm glad school was over. During the only year I was at that school, I was "forbidden" to hang out with Izaya. Which was fine. He annoyed me anyways.

As we walked away from school for the last time, I yelled, "Don't ever come back to Ikebukuro! I'll kill you if you do!"