Imaginary friends

Eva Russel, a demented and sickly sweet little girl, had a very active imagination. She always made-up some far-fetched story about her own make-believe world, in her world Eva played with her friend Chaos, in the beautiful fields full of rabbits and flowers. She always stayed in her room at St. Lilith's mental asylum blissfully playing in her world. One day a nurse at the asylum came to get Eva for check-up, when she entered the room it was littered in balled up papers and crayons, the white walls had pictures and stories taped to it, and Eva sitting at the desk in her room muttering silently.

"Eva, honey the Dr. Benton would like to see you." she said. Eva's dark eyes seemed dead as she kept muttering to herself. "Eva?" the nurse said, waving her hand in front of her face. Eva soon blinked and realized the nurse in her room.

"Oh, hello Ms. Williams." Eva said innocently.

"Eva, the doctor wants to talk with you." Ms. Williams said, her voice sounded a little scared. Eva got off her bed and smoothed the wrinkles out of her light pink dress.

"Oh goodie Chaos was just saying that he would like to talk to the doctor." Eva said while putting her pale blonde hair up in pigtails.

"You still talk to him?" Ms. Williams concern asked.

"Oh I always do." Eva said.

"Eva, honey you know Dr. Benton told you to ignore Chaos." Ms. Williams said

"But I don't want to ignore him. He's my friend." Eva pleaded.

"Eva, you know--"

"Don't worry Ms. Williams, Chaos wouldn't hurt you. In fact he likes you better than that other nurse." Eva said.

Eva and Ms. Williams walked down the long white halls of the building, occasionally they would see a patient in a straitjacket against the wall muttering to themselves.

"I smell alcohol and medicine." Eva said.

"This is a hospital sweetie you'll always smell that." Ms. Williams said. Eva and Ms. Williams walked to a room marked Dr. A. Benton. "Go in Eva, the doctor is expecting you."

"Thank you Ms. Williams, See you soon." Eva said, closing the door to the office. Ms. Williams let out a sigh and shuddered. For some unknown reason that girl scared the hell out of her.

Inside the office Dr. Benton, a middle aged man was typing at his computer unaware that Eva had entered the room.

"Hello Dr. Benton." Eva said cheerfully. Dr. Benton jumped slightly in his chair.

"Miss Russel, how good to see you." Dr. Benton said. "Have you been playing with Chaos?"

"Yes." Eva said, taking a seat in a chair.

"Please Eva could you tell me about Chaos?" Dr. Benton said, taking out a pencil and a clipboard.

"Looks and personality?"

"Yes please."

"Well, he has black hair, wears a long sleeved black and white striped shirt that covers his hands, with a black T -shirt over it, and sneakers. Oh and his eyes are red!" Eva said cheerfully. Dr. Benton was writing what she said down.

"And his personality?"

"Why?" Eva asked.

"Because I would like to know about him a little more." Dr. Benton said patiently.

"Chaos says your lying. He says your trying to get rid of him." Eva said darkly. "Why would you do that doctor?" Eva asked sweetly, her eye twitched slightly.