Don't Defy Dracule Mihawk.

You've been living with Dracule Mihawk for about 2 years now. He isn't a bad guy to live with but he is overly strict and never encouraged the idea of you leaving the castle and every time you had attempted to, he'd somehow suss it and stop you before you got the chance.

That was until tonight anyway, he's away at sea. Before tonight you had been scared to try this without him around, what if you got yourself in a spot of trouble and couldn't get out of it? He would be islands away and unable to help you. So you smartly decided to bring one of the old swords Dracule had in his castle, it's only mere decoration to him but it was still a sword to you and able to be used as a weapon if the need arises. You cautiously stroll through the forest outside, forcing your calm posture but on the inside you were slightly freaked out, this island was spooky, the hills went up and then over into a swirling shape and it was dark, the trees were rough and looked like they hadn't seen daylight in years, you could also hear many nocturnal animals in the distance. 

Every noise you hear, your body tenses up, every animal, every rustle of a branch, every twig you step on and snap has goosebumps spreading through your body as you ready your sword. It doesn't seem threatening out here, but you aren't taking chances. Immediately you freeze in your tracks as you hear something, a growl? And footsteps? Lots of footsteps. And lots of growls. You turn on your heel to see what was causing these noises, only to instantly regret it. Giant monkeys stood before you, each with their own sharp, melee weapons. You couldn't quite help the drop of your jaw at the sight before you.

Are they friendly? 

You mentally facepalm at the silent question in your mind as one makes a deafening screech and begins to charge for you, out of pure instincts you speed toward the beast, ducking under it's arm as you swing your sword into it's stomach leaving quite a deep wound. However, the giant animal seems unfazed and before you have a moment to think about an alternative move, they all charge in to attack you at once. 

"Well, this is going to be painful." mumbling to yourself as you lower the long blade and close your eyes, awaiting your death. A sound of the giant apes screaming in what sounds like pain and a sharp slicing sound reaches your ears and has you opening your eyes again, to your astonishment, the brutal animals are now all lying on the floor, coated in blood and wounds. And before them stand Dracule Mihawk. Shit.

"I thought I told you never to wander outside the castle." Mihawk's voice was stern as his eyes pierced right into your soul. "Inside. Now."

You were not about to argue with him, honestly because you were still in shock after your near-death experience just now. Once he had lead you back to the castle, he shut the huge double doors behind you both and let out a deep sigh.

"I-I didn't know what was out there...I-I just wanted some air..." you desperately try to defend yourself but the damage was clearly done. He was so very pissed. You brace yourself for the insults. He would always remind you of how you're weak and unable to fight by yourself and it always hurt to have him say that to you but now he had just proven he was right and you were weak. His back still turned to you, he lets out a small hum.

"Do you know how painful it would have been if you got hurt out there?" he asks rhetorically, of course it would hurt. They're apes! You're about to nod until he hits you with a surprise, causing you to stiffen completely. "I couldn't live with myself if you got injured because I was unable to protect you..." Wait, he meant painful for him?!

"I-" What the hell do you say? You could be processing this all wrongly and completely misunderstanding him. "I'm sorry?" Dracule finally drops his arms from the door and turns to you, walking towards you slowly, like a cat ready to pounce on it's prey. He stops before you and grips his hand around your jaw and pulls your head up so that you're looking into his piercing, golden eyes.

"It would be my ultimate failure to let someone I love die at the hands of a filthy chimp." you heart starts to raise at his words, he said 'someone he loves' so he loved you? Before you could gather your thoughts he dips his head, kissing your soft lips tenderly giving you your answer, his hand moving down from your jaw to your neck and tugging you in closer to him, as his free hand snakes it's way down to your lower back, you begin to melt into the kiss, your trembling hands making their way to his exposed chest while he deepens the kiss, forcing his tongue into your mouth. You battle for dominance but of course, this man won't let you have it so easily, he presses against you and carefully leans you back into a wall but is too soon to break the kiss for air, his forehead resting on yours. "I love you, [f/n] [l/n]." is all he mutters, catching his breath as he stares into your eyes, your cheeks flaring up under his gaze.

"I-I love you too, Dracule Mihawk..." you smirk, your lips still hovering over his and the ever-so-small blush on his cheeks giving your a spark of confidence. "How about we continue this in your bedroom?" you whisper as your hands sneak up to his shoulders, gently massaging them, causing Dracule to smirk as his grip around you tightens.

"Of course. After all, you still need to be punished for disobeying me." 

-------------------------end---------------------