Sleep

Ok guys I'm so sorry I've been so inactive, finals went on for two weeks, but I'm on summer vacation now and will hopefully have more time to write.

In other, more exciting news, I have a Tumblr! It's multifandom fanfiction, and I'm taking requests. I do mostly imagines and oneshots, although I'm open to also doing preferences or maybe aesthetics, if requested. So far I've written for Harry Potter, Marvel, and Supernatural, although I will do most fandoms. I don't write smut/triggering material. I will most certainly write something Criminal Minds, if requested! My username on my Tumblr is izziethewriter, so check me out, and leave a request!

There is meaningless chitchat for a few minutes and then Morgan turns to Spencer. "Hey, Pretty Boy, when are you gonna get a girlfriend?"

My breath catches, knowing what's coming next. Spencer turns to me, one eyebrow raised, as if to say Can I? I shrug, silently telling him Why the hell not?

Spencer grabs my hand underneath the table, interlacing our fingers. Taking a deep breath, he pulls our intertwined hands out to rest on the table, and I can feel the whole team staring, wide-eyed.

"Try, like, four hours ago," Spencer sasses.

Morgan is the first to say anything. "Damn it!" he exclaims, and I blink. Well, that wasn't quite what I expecting. I'm confused, until JJ shrieks with glee.

"Pay up, Morgan!! Haha, you lost!!" JJ teases, dancing in her seat like an actual four-year-old.

Emily sees the confused look on my face and explains as Morgan begrudgingly slips JJ a 50 dollar bill. "JJ and Morgan had a bet going on who was going to out the two of you first. He said it was going to be you, JJ said Spence." Emily giggles.

"You guys actually bet on us?" I demand, glaring at JJ and Morgan.

"I know, right? Who would do a thing like that?" Emily chuckles, and I notice something odd in her voice. It becomes clear when she leans over to Rossi and whispers none-too-quietly "You can pay me later."

I shoot her a glare when I hear that and she just blushes, ducking her head.

I turn to Uncle Hotch, half-expecting him to get mad and flip the table over or something like that. He has a smirk on his face, and he's staring directly at Spencer. "Dr. Reid, I hope you realize that I carry three firearms on me at all times, and am fully capable of having one aimed at you at any given moment, without you even being aware of it." Hotch pairs this not-so-subtle threat with an even more frightening smile.

Spencer's grip on my hand tightens, presumably out of pure fear, and he gulps. "Yes, sir. I am aware of that."

"Good," Hotch smiles again and then changes topics like nothing happened at all. "So, let's eat, huh?"

Dinner goes by quickly, Spencer's announcement easily forgotten as conversation moves on, food comes, and we dig in. Morgan seems to be in a romantic relationship with the steak he ordered, and JJ, despite it being a fancy Italian restaurant, is using her spoon to catapult her olives at Emily. JJ is giggling like an absolute four-year-old once again.

Even FBI agents act like little kids when they aren't working, apparently. If you disagree, just know that Rossi stuck his tongue out at Emily when she reminded him that he owed her 50 bucks, and Hotch flicked his peas at JJ in retribution for the olives launched at Emily(And they say that they aren't a couple. Yeah, right). I rest my case.

I really do think that my Uncle Hotch and Emily would make an adorable couple. I know that JJ and Morgan agree, and Rossi pushes them together whenever he gets the chance, so I'm pretty sure that he ships it.

We eat fairly quickly, but as the meals are finished the conversation picks back up and it isn't long before time is flying by us and it's nearly 9:30pm. I yawn, and Spencer notices.

"Alright, guys, it's late, and we have an early flight tomorrow, right? We should get back t the hotel room." He says, and Hotch immediately agrees once he sees the time.

"Wow, it really got away from me," he laughs, standing and helping Emily with her coat.

On the way home, one SUV has Morgan driving, JJ in the passenger seat, and Spencer and I in the back. Emily and Hotch go in the back of the SUV that Rossi ends up driving.

JJ bets Morgan ten bucks that Rossi tells us Emily and Hotch kiss.

He doesn't think they'll kiss, and I honestly agree. Emily and Hotch aren't quite there yet. Close, but not quite.

Instead of sitting on either end of the backseats, Reid takes one of the window seats and I sit in the middle seat so I can rest my head on his shoulder. I'm practically asleep by the time we reach the hotel, just awake enough to hear what's going on around me.

JJ and Morgan get out first, and I hear JJ swear. She probably lost the bet to Morgan, no surprise. A tiny smile tugs at my lips when I hear Spencer shush her and remind her that his girlfriend(He really did say it with extra emphasis) was asleep and that she was not allowed to wake me up.

I start to slip further into sleep, and then I feel myself slip into Spencer's arms as he lifts me from the car.

I think I finally slip fully unconscious during some part of the elevator ride, but I can't be sure.

All I know is that I wake up just a little bit when Spencer slowly lowers me down onto my bed. My eyes flutter open just slightly, enough to see him watching me sleep with the most adoring look on his face.

I recognize that look, and as I slip into dreamworld once again, I am reminded of where it's from.

DREAM

"Daddy, I'm tired," four-year-old Avery tells her father as they get back to the house just past eight. The Georgia air is hot, because despite the night it is always hot in Georgia in late July. Crickets chirp and the moon blows a slightly cooling breeze through Avery's short, fiercely curled locks.

"C'mon, Pipsqueak, let's get you to bed," a much younger Sean tells his daughter, swinging her up into his arms.

As they enter the house, they notice Avery's mother, asleep on the couch. Avery turns to look at her dad, and smiles when she sees that he is looking at her mom like her mother is the prettiest lady in the whole wide world, and Avery knows that that must be true.

"Daddy, Uncle Hotch told me that Mommy is your princess, and that you are her knight in shining armor, like in the fairy tales. Is that true?" young Avery asks her dad, and he chuckles lightly at her innocence.

"Very true, Pipsqueak,"

I am SO sorry, again, that it took me this long to get a new chapter up. Like I said, man, finals. Anyways, check out my Tumblr!

Also, thank you all SO MUCH FOR TEN THOUSAND VIEWS!!!! That's crazy, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story!