Why do we hate mornings?

I lay there, perfectly comfortable and perfectly happy with soft rays of sunshine dancing across my closed eyelids as I gently slept. I was aware of my surrounding but just barely.

And then someone behind me moved slightly, to wrap their arms around my waist tighter. My bare waist.

My breath caught as my eyes flew open to see a bare chested Fang. His head was leaned back against a grey pillow and my own hand lay on his muscled abdomen. My head was on his hard chest where I could hear his breathing and see the scars Ari had given him.

And then the memories came back. The kisses, the caressing touches, even the wonderful moans. And the mistake. Well, I wouldn't call it a mistake, more like a mishap or a wonderful two straight hours of pure, lustful- I'll stop before you get sick. But you get what we did, right? Right.

I moved my left hand only to find it was placed below my side and I pushed myself up, carefully slipping from Fang's grasp. With a sigh of relief I quickly walked in the rays of morning to my room, silently praying no one was up to see me naked and running from room to room.

I locked my door and threw on a pair of basketball shorts and a loose tee before crawling back in bed to look like nothing happened last night. It wasn't ten minutes when Mom burst through the door to shake me awake so I could get an early start on the day.

"C'mon Maxi, if we have to get up so do you."

A blond blur came from behind her and landed beside me and shook me. "Wake up! We gotta tell you about the apple festival! Wake up!" Angel yelled in my ear and I groaned, shoving a pillow onto my head. But, sadly, a dressed Fang was there to push me off the other side.

"Wait til I get my hands on you!" I bellowed as I chased him down the hallway and downstairs. Later into the backyard where he launched off and I followed, my wings beating hard to catch him.

Lucky for me I had a hyperdrive ability. I grabbed him around the neck with my arms and smiled, well away from view of the house and planted a very firm kiss on his lips. "Someone slept good," he muttered and I grinned.

"Only last night, Fang." He raised his eyebrow but we floated back to the ground to a disappointed Flock.

"Where's the blood?" Gazzy asked with awe in his voice.

"And the feathers?" Nudge inquired as she examined her nails.

"Where are the blood curdling screams?" Iggy craned his neck to hear us and I scoffed.

"Shut up, guys. I was only kidding."

"Yea, whatever. I saw your face, you looked as if you could kill someone." I glared at Dylan as he tossed his blond hair and grinned that stupid cocky grin.

We walked inside and sat down to eat breakfast when Fang suddenly leaned down and whispered, "I sent the letter yesterday." I gave an unnoticed bob of my head and scarfed down another egg.