The Kiss

Dans POV

I woke up to the sound of my creepy alien invasion alarm clock that I set on a shelf on the opposite side of my room. I got up turned it off and walked into the kitchen.
I could hear Phil still snoring loudly as I started to make eggs, bacon, and crumpets since we ran out of pancake ingrediants yesterday morning. Just as the toaster popped Phils snoring stopped. I put at least a pound of butter on the crumpets and placed the eggs and bacon beside them on two plates and set them on the table.
I could no longer hear Phil so I walked to his door and tiptoed in. He was laying flat on his back sprawled out with his leg hanging off the side of the bed. I slowly walked over to his side. "Hey sleeping beauty, wakey wakey." He groweled and rolled over facing me. "I made breakfast" I said as he took a handful of blanket and shoved it over his head. "But im still sleepy" Phil mumbled from under the covers.
I slid into the bed beside him and pulled the covers over my head and body. Still facing me Phil opened his deep blue eyes that always reminded me of the ocean. "Your not letting me go back to sleep are you" asked Phil "Nope" I replied with a smile. He scooched closer. Now chest to chest under phils lion themed comforters we locked eyes. I looked deep into his eyes and couldnt look away.
We stayed like this for what seemed like forever. Just staring into each others eyes in complete silence. Just as im about to force myself to look away I felt Phils hand slowly slip around my waist. Caught in the moment we both leaned in and locked lips.
As our tongues played tug-of-war Phil began to wrap his leg around me and force himself on top of me. Me being on the edge of the bed, fell onto the floor with Phil on top of me. With my lips still stuck to Phils i let out a painful groan. Phil pulled away laughing. Me following him we both broke out into laughter.
Phil pushed himself off me then helped me up. Unsure of how to process what just happened, I grabbed Phils hand and pulled him out of his bedroom and into the kitchen. Our food just barely warm anymore, neither of us ate. We just sat there staring at our food. I love Phil. All I knew before and all i know now tell me that he feels the same way but we are both afraid to tell the other.