The calls

Chapter 2:

 The Calls

“Hi papa” Fiona greeted her father, Wilfred Redwood, who is the CEO of the Red Company and of course the main sponsor of Racer X.

“Hello my little racer x” Wilfred greets his only daughter. Fiona has made Wilfred the proudest and happiest father in the world with her international fame as the mysterious racer x (for the Americans not for the Europeans). If only her mom was to see her now but so sadly her mom passed away when she was five.

So, everyone in the Redwood family took care of her taught her the ropes of being a Redwood woman. And the results that came out were superb. Fiona wasn’t just a famous racer but a part time model famous in all of Europe.

“Papa please don’t call me that when you’re calling me here in the house someone might hear you!” Fiona said scolding her father, who laughed it off.

Fiona rolled her eyes at her father’s childish behavior but she didn’t comment on it she liked that her father was like that care free but serious.

“How’s Brazil? Did the person pass your standards? And is that person a she or a he?” Fiona asked

Wilfred was in Brazil for a business meeting and to meet a street racing protégé. Street racing is how Fiona discovered her passion for racing but of course you’re not a Redwood when you don’t have the blood for racing in high speed and high speed cars.

“Everything is okay here, sales and marketing are good. And the racing protégé did not disappointment me!! She’s just like you in so many ways Fiona!!” Wilfred said to his daughter.

He thought his friend was joking that this street racer had potential of being the next racer x, Wilfred was yes in doubt because many anonymous people would call him about their protégés, that didn’t have the passion for racing.  Yes, they had talent but Wilfred wanted a protégé with passion.

“So, that means you’re gonna give her a green card and ship her off to the racing grounds?” Fiona asked. She knew her father was looking for the next racer X and Fiona had volunteered to help him teach the protégé.

“She’ll be here next year once she finishes her studies” Wilfred informed his daughter.

They had already given the girl the contract but of course being taught by the famous racer X was a once in a life time opportunity and she had right there and then signed the contract.

“I see” Fiona said

“So, how are Christian, Heather and Damian?” Wilfred asked. He loved his grandchildren and of course he fully accepted Damian as a son-in-law but sometimes he wished Damian wasn’t blinded by the fame of being sponsored by rich men who just wanted a piece of Ashley Martinez.

“Their good, everyone is going to the circle to race…well Damian is” Fiona told her papa of today’s plan. She really was tempted to go but she had to deny because of her lust, love and addiction for racing.

Yes the whole Redwood Family is addicted to racing. Some take it as a career with passion and talent while the others take it as a hobby but with talent but little passion.

“So, why didn’t you go with them and do a little good old racing with your husband?” Wilfred asked her

“Papa, you know why” she answered, Fiona has a problem when it comes to racing…she has this orgasmic like seizures when she races. And they’d intensify if she was deprived of racing.

Like just the past few weeks.

“Even though sweetie heart show him that a Redwood woman is better than a slut Martinez woman!” Wilfred said with tone of anger in his voice. Ashley’s mom was a gold digger who tried gold digging Wilfred’s brother, Antonio, when Fiona was ten years old, everyone in the family hated women like the Martinez women.

“Dad, you do know I am parading as a person who doesn’t like racing?’ Fiona reminded her dad of their little secret agreement. The agreement was that Fiona would move with Damian to Sunny Rocks town, California, under the persona that she was against racing. Even Paps and Tyler had to sign it.

But before Fiona could hear her father’s reply she heard Damian’s voice and it sounded like he was looking for something. She knew Damian would asked for her help in finding that something.

“Papa, I’ll call you some other time. Damian’s looking for me. Bye papa, I love you” Fiona quickly said she hated doing this to her father but sometimes she needed to do it.

“Alright, take care and I love you too child” Wilfred said he knew that Fiona wanted keep Damian in the dark about her true self because he might freak out. Well that was Fiona’s reason.

With that Fiona ended the call and quickly got off the washing machine and unlocked the door when she heard Damian knock.

“Hey” Fiona said opening the door of the laundry room. Even though they had been married for 16 years Damian still made Fiona all giddy inside when those big blue eyes have soft gleam and a lost expression on them. 

“Hey yourself as well” Damian said trying to hide is wondering suspension why Fiona was locked up in the laundry room then he noticed that she was holding her phone.

Strange place to make a call…

“So, what do you need from me?” Fiona asked disrupting Damian’s thoughts

“Umm...my racing suit” Damian answered awkwardly

“Oh...here you go” Fiona said handing Damian his folded racing suit

“Thanks”

“Wait!!” Fiona said stopping Damian before he could go. She noticed that the collar of his shirt wasn’t fixed so she fixed it for him. Being this near to Damian brought back so many good memories and she had to resist the urge to give him a kiss.

That was the same feeling Damian had.

Stupid sponsors and PR stuff

Damian said to himself, he missed kissing Fiona and of course her soft lips, running his fingers in her soft blond hair and touching her soft skin. But he had to play the part of the bastard husband, which he hates.

“Um...thanks” Damian said coldly. But he wanted to keep his sponsors and media fame and to do that is by having an affair with Ashley while by being the bastard husband.

Fiona quickly let her hands drop and watched Damian go back to their old room.

When can I tell him…