Day 7

*Individual*

Luke: It's duet day, and I'm so pumped! I think Leia and I are working...well together. She's kind of clingy, though. Ever since I told her about Harley...

**

I walk into the rose room with Theo by my side, guitar on his back. Ava and Jude go first, then a couple others, then Luke and Leia. I wanna see how this goes. I lean against the piano as Theo crosses his arms, leaning against the piano as well.

It starts out as a soft piano, very peaceful, then, as soon Luke starts singing, he shreds some riffs and double chords on his electric. We all start clapping, it was good. Theo has his pinky and pointer finger up waving his hand through the air in a punk rock way. His head is crazily shaking and bobbing.

It was surprisingly really good. They work well together. I hope Leia isn't still mad about Harke. (Harley and Luke...Jude and I made it up.) Who Am I kidding, it's Leia...she'll be mad until Jesus comes down and ends the world himself.

Finally, it's our turn. I take a deep breath and look at Theo. He smiles and nods. He brushes his hand against mine as we walk up to stage. I feel bolts through my arm, and up to my head. I can tell it was a gesture of reassurance. Of good luck. We take our places on stage, and the lights dim, only two spotlights on us.

I put my hand on the mic and look over at Theo, who is set with his guitar on my left. He smiles and starts picking. I tap my foot to the beat. I sing.

It's now the chorus and Theo adds in the harmony. It's going good. I look out into the crowd and see people clapping and smiling, enjoying themselves. I crack into a smile as we call and response a double melody to the next verse, Theo the lead. I close my eyes and let go. Of everything. I truly sing.

It was awesome.

Mr. T thought so as well.

That's why we won the duet.