Chapter 1

Ch1. Neighbour 's brother  

The temperature that day was 70 degrees. It was the last day of school before summer. After summer I was going to start my 11th grade. I was the invisible girl of the school before him. When he came he changed my life. Just to win me over.

Who would have thought that their life can change so drastically in one single movement, a single glance?

I was one of those persons who never believed in love. Cause I have seen how a lovely love-filled relationship could change with a single fight. I saw my parent's marriage break into uncountable pieces. That could never be joined .. Just like a broken piece of glass, a heart.

That was the day I met him. That was the day my life changed in a blink. He was Kate's, my neighbor's cousin brother. As per se, he was good-looking, a Greek Adonis if you say so, everyone in high school said as they had seen him with Kate visiting all places here and there. He was going to join the high school in the fall. In the same grade as me.

But one problem had come in between there plans of spending their time together, Kate and her boyfriend lived together and even worked in the same company, that's how they met. But they were having some trouble at work going on in their office that they can't refuse to work on it. 

I had to meet him that day because Kate thought it was a good idea that her brother could remain with someone of his own age and that person could be trusted, not someone to get into trouble with, because of her words, not mine "He is too innocent for his age". Before I was furious that I had to spend time with someone I didn't know but now I am grateful as if she had not then I wouldn't have known him. Because I am a pale, black colored hair with brown eyes and pale pink lips nobody had ever found me interesting ever till then, even I had agreed that I am pretty average.

But a problem had come in between, My close friend had broken her leg and no one was at her home to take care of her. Her parents had called me to take care of her since they were out of the city and will come back at night. Till then I had to remain with her. 

So I wrote a note to Mom to tell her that I was not going today to Kate's but at Emily's. 

Mom, I am going to Emily's because she broke her leg and her parents are out of the city, I would come home at night when her parent had come back home. 

Sorry for Kate, I would go tell her that today would not be possible. Take care of yourself. 

Bye Avery. 

I went to Kate's but she was not home she had gone out to show places to Dante, Garrett her boyfriend was home, I told him to tell Kate that I can't come today I have some work. he said it's okay. They will manage, but that I should come next day. I bidded bye to him and left. 

When I was on road Kate came back. She didn't see me, but I saw her. She was with a gorgeous boy by her side in the car she was talking to him. But he was looking in my direction in awe, I turned to watch behind me to see what caught his attention because I was sure I was not the object but I found nothing, So, I left to meet Emily. I went home get mom's car as she had left it home today and left for Emily's. 

When I reached her, she was seated on the couch. She was thirsty so, I gave her some cool water and then settled down beside her. We decided to watch a movie. When it started I got lost in thoughts of that guy who was by Kate's side watching me I guess not too conceited but there no one present in a direction which he was looking, he was obviously her cousin. They were both a hell lot similar. 

He had square jaw face. Utterly long thick lashes. Aqua colored eyes, square cheekbones, and the most beautiful Golden and brown colored hair, altogether he was a Greek god replica. 

When Emily poked me several time in between the movie to discuss what happened on screen. Half the time I didn't know what was going on. She got fed up with me and asked me what was going on with me. I said "Nothing" 

She threatened me saying " Tell me or else I would Torture it out of you". 

She knew how to get stuff out of me, She would start telling me about how great kisser her boyfriend Enriq was. or maybe tickle me to death. 

I signed with defeat" Okay, I'll tell you. " 

She said, "Go on ahead and start telling me." 

Then I told her about him, that how he was watching me or someone else I don't know. 

She told me that he was watching me as for how pretty I was, I told her it was not possible that guys that beautiful won't notice girls like me. We did lead this discussion on till lunchtime, I made the lunch and we both ate, After lunch, we discussed school, what was going to come next year, and Enriq too it was a nice distraction for Emily as I didn't want to discuss about Dante anymore. And at last, I succeeded in that as the discussion went out until night. 

As we were waiting for her parents to come, they called and said they couldn't come today they will tomorrow afternoon and asked me if I could stay, I said it was okay. She talked a little more with them and then said good-bye.  

I called mom to let her know that I would come back tomorrow afternoon she said it was okay and to take care of Emily.  

Emily and I stayed awake watching movies till 1 o'clock and then went to bed. I was literally very very tired so I slept a dreamless sleep. 

In morning, her parent came back earlier than scheduled. Their meeting got canceled.  

I was a little relief that I could go to Kate's today and say sorry for yesterday. 

I got home and went to shower. 

I took a long hot soothing shower, it relaxed me so so much. 

I went for breakfast downstairs, mom was waiting for me. 

Oh shit! I had to go with her today for bridal dress fitting of her and Philip's marriage. I just can't believe it so soon, just three weeks from now. 

here goes my meet with that Greek god. oh ! why can't god let me meet him. 

I called Kate before i left to let her know that I would most probably not be able to make it to her home today too.

_______________________________________________________________________________ 

The dress fitting went well , my brides maid dress is fabulous I can't wait to wear it. 

It is unusual for me to wear or even like dresses, I have never before this wore a dress without throwing tantrums. I never liked to wear dresses. I only wore them because they were only for special occasion .my mom knew better than to force me into a dress I didn't like, or else I would throw a tantrum like nothing else. 

But as this was for my mother wedding with Philip so I gave in. 

and I was surprised to see that the dress matches with my skin making it look creamy and flatter the somewhat curves I have in my body. 

Its a deep blue color, sleeveless dress  

Mom's wedding would be held in country club side. All arrangements were going on. 

When got home back, the preparation had before we had expected. It was only 2 o'clock in afternoon. 

Mom and I both had had lunch together, so I would go by Kate's in afternoon. 

I was ready to go by Kate's in the afternoon, I was standing by there door and just had press the call bell when the gate opened. how could someone open the door this fast? Two things were possible 

1. they were at the door waiting for something and I had come. 

2. They were coming downstairs and opened the door. 

When the door opened, he was standing turned from me talking to Kate and was looking gorgeous as hell.