Chapter 20

Richelle's pov
After what seemed like ages, we all finally ended up in bed (not in that way 😂) and were soon asleep. That's where I am now, just not asleep.

You see, I woke up when I heard some bed sheets rustling, obviously Amanda! Seriously though, how can Noah not hear this? He is a really deep sleeper! Does he not feel the movement of her getting up? I guess not. What else could he sleep through? A car driving through the wall? Too much? Yeah, too much.

Anyway, I hear the floorboards creek, indicating that Amanda is passing my bedroom, and walking towards the landing. Slowly and quietly, I pull my sheets off me and creep towards the door, just before hearing the first stair making a slight squeak.

As quiet as a mouse, I push down on the door handle, making sure that no noise comes out, and slowly open the door. I poke my head out of the door, revealing the top of the stairs.

There she is! Amanda! Dressed in....oh no! She's wearing a different shirt! The microphone isn't in there! Ugh! I can't believe this! Well, at least there's still the camera in her car! Yeah! That'll give us a clue as to where she's going, and the microphone would've allowed us to hear voices. Am I supposed to put microphones in every single one of her tops? Because I'm not doing that!

Finally, she reaches the bottom of the stairs and walks towards the front door, where the coat hanger is. She reaches towards her black jacket and takes it off the rack, putting it on herself. Why didn't I put the microphone in that? This is starting to get on my nerves!

After that, she stretches her hand towards the door handle, grabbing it and twisting it around, opening the door. Then, she hops out, closing the door behind her! Phew! She's gone! And, she never saw me!

The sound of an engine zooming off into the distance is faintly heard in my ears, and, for some odd reason, making me want to go and check that that was her zooming off like that.

So, I carefully walk downstairs, still with the fear of falling at the back of mind, and towards the front door. I open it and let out a loud, "Noooooo!"

I can't believe this! She took Noah's car instead of her own! Is this one big coincidence or does she know about our plan? She can't know! There's no possible way of her knowing! Unless Noah told her, which is highly unlikely.

"Richie?" a voice yells, obviously Noah. Richie? He hasn't called me that since....the incident. He must still be half asleep! But at least I woke him up, turns out he can wake up! "What's wrong?"

I look up at the top of the stairs to see him staring down at me, looking rather tired. Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have yelled so loudly. I hope I didn't wake any neighbours up!

"Richie?" yep, definitely still half asleep, "Why did you yell?"

He begins to walk down the stairs to see me properly, but still doesn't see the problem. So, I help him out by saying, "Amanda wore a different shirt, and took your car. We have no way of seeing where she's going! The plan is ruined!"

Instantly, he wakes up completely, and looks a little, no, very angry. Now he begins to shout, "We did this for nothing?! That's not good enough! You know what? If we leave now, then we can catch her."
"What? But she's gone, and she has your car!"
"Then we can take hers, the keys are just there...."