19

I watched in horror as Taehyung's body started to decay in front of me, just like how Jungkook's did just before. I shut up eyes tightly, not wanting to see the rest of it but the image at already been imprinted vividly in my mind.

Voices started to echo in my mind and I hunched over with my hands clamped over my ears, trying to block them out. I couldn't decipher what the voices were telling me but they were starting to get clearer and I heard a sentence that made my heart stop.

"You promised him that you'd make him smile. I thought you were going to save him. Look what you've done now,"

"I-I didn't..." I stuttered, not being able to reason back to the anonymous voice.

"I'm sorry," This time it was Taehyung's voice that had spoke.

Tears spilled out non stop and the voices continued to haunt me until it suddenly died down and a woman's voice spoke out clearly to me.

"Wake up my dear,"

Eomma?

I flinched and shot my eyes open to just see that I was laying down on the floor next to my bed, drenched in cold sweat and tears dripping from my eyes. I looked towards my bed and clearly saw Taehyung up with a worried expression despite the darkness of this unlit room.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off my rushing towards him and wrap my arms around his torso tightly. Tears pooled my eyes and started to trickle down my cheeks again as I sobbed into his warm chest. I could tell he was confused why I was like this but regardless of that, he gently pat my back whilst caressing my hair with his other hand.

I cried for a good few minutes and then rested my head against his chest, hearing his calm yet fast heartbeat. It was just the same except that I wasn't bawling my eyes out now.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung spoke in a gentle tone and continued caressing my hair.

"Just a bad dream..." I replied back, not wanting to go into details as I could still vividly remember him lying dead in front of me.

Thank lord you're still alive in front of me.

Taehyung emitted a loud sigh and just continued his patting on my back. It was then when I remembered why he was here.

"How are you feeling?" I pulled away from him and placed my palm on his forehead, only to find it still very warm.

"I'm better thanks to you. But don't sleep sitting down, it's bad for you..." He grabbed my hand that was on his forehead and interlaced his fingers with them. "Yoongi hyung moved you on the floor when he came by to check up. He was going to move you to his room but he was afraid that you'd wake up,"

"What time is it?"

"Around 6am," he replied back and let my hand go to just extend it out to my face. "Stop crying," he wiped the tears that had unknowingly escaped my eye with his thumb.

"Lie back down, your fever isn't any better. I'm not letting you go to school today," I pushed him down so that he was laying back down again and pulled the blanket over him. "I'll be back,"

Feeling dizzy and lightheaded from all the crying, I headed to Yoongi oppa's room whilst blowing my nose and knocked on the door gently. Like expected, a sleepy and grumpy looking cousin opened the door with his eyes half closed.

"Why the hell are you waking me up so early?" He rubbed his eye and leaned on the doorframe for support.

"Can I skip school today?"