Chapter One - Forgetfulness Taken Over

The story "Harmless" has been fully and officially copyrighted on Wattpad. Please, take my suggestion, and do NOT copy my tale, or fake ownership of it. Thank you. Inspired by "The Rule Of Three" by Eric Walters, and also inspired by "Expiration Date" on Wattpad by MikaelaBender.

The picture that is attached to this story is the cover that I created on Wattpad's famous cover creator. If you can't view it properly, try tapping it, and it should fill the whole screen, showing you the picture up close.

Follow me on Instagram: @ash19448

Want to know more about me? DM me on Instagram, and we can chat. I don't mind making friends. :)

Emily's Point Of View

I unfold my legs and lay them out. They sit on my bed, still alseep. I shake them out to remove the feeling. Then the pins and needles come. Just great, I think. From my nightstand, I hear a ring. I pick up my phone to see the name "Samantha R." and push "Talk".

"Hello?" I say, knowing that it will be Samantha on the other end.

"Hey, girl! How's it going?" she says in a playful voice, and giggles. Samantha has always been one to call her friends "girl" and joke around a lot. That's what I loved most about her. I fidget with a pulled out string on my blanket that lays on my just-made bed.

"Ehh," I start off. I don't really know how to explain how I'm feeling right now. Happy? Sad? Angry? I'm not exactly sure. I didn't really have much to do until Samantha called. "I could be better."

"Well, maybe you want to come to my house tomorrow night? After all, it will be Friday night, which means two night sleepover!" she squeals. I give a soft chuckle and smile.

"Sure thing, Samantha."

"So, I'll see you at my house tomorrow night?"

"Just before dinner time."

"Okay! Bye!" she hangs up before me and I hear a beep beep sound to show that. I push "End" and set the phone back on the nightstand in it's charger. I whip around back to the nightstand on the other side and push "Sleep" on my radio and music starts to play. I turn down the volume and set it to 102.7 Kiss Radio and pull the blankets over my body. The pins and needles that were in my feet, are now fading. I turn off the bedside light and close my eyes. Then I drift off to sleep . . .

**********

"I really like that guy, right there." Samantha whispers to me, pointing at Brian.

I wrinkle my nose and snort. "Ewe, Samatha, don't be gross." I say, looking back at my lunch pail. It was during a school day at our lunch break. Samantha was blabbing about her crushes to me, talking quiet enough that no one could hear her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Come on, girl. You know you like at least someone in this class. It doesn't even have to be from this class!" we both laugh together. There actually is someone I like, but it's not like I feel like sharing information, or talking about it at the moment. The bell rings and immediately everyone stands up and heads out of the classroom. Samantha and I are last.

"Excuse me, Miss. Ranger?" says a voice at the desk. It's our teacher, Mrs. Orena. She wants to speak with Samantha, but . . . why? "Could you stay here with me for a moment? Don't worry Emily, I'll bring her back to you as soon as she's done." she says, smiling. I force myself to smile back. My teacher never really seemed to show to like me, or dislike me as the student I am today.