Chapter 3: The Demigods

Everyone surrounded the ping-pong table that was in the middle of the room. Excited chatter and whispers filled the air until Chiron began to speak.

"It seems that Mr.Jackson has brought us special attention to-" he paused, scanned the room and spoke again. "The Prophecy of Two Worlds."

 Percy noticed Annabeth's face turn into one of disbelief. "But Chiron, the prophecy wasn't supposed to happen, not unless-" But Annabeth didn't finish her sentence as her own words sunk in.

Percy didn't know what was going on, but it seemed like some of the head counselors did and they broke out into a start.

Chiron had began to speak again "Everyone-" But the noisy chatter wouldn't die down. Becoming frustrated he started once again. 

"EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN" His loud voice boomed. That got everyone's attention. Silence followed. 

Percy Jackson had never seen that many solemn faces of the campers he became so familiar with. Even the Stoll brothers pulled straight faces, which was a strange sight indeed.

Chiron rubbed his weary face and let out a sigh. 

"We shall discuss this later." Campers shuffled out of the door, mumbling to themselves. Annabeth and Percy were going to be two of them until Chiron held them back from the rest of the group. 

"I need to speak with you Mr. Jackson and Ms. Chase," he quickly looked around "privately." he added. The centaur ushered them into the room once again. Percy took a seat next to Annabeth.

Wordlessly, Chiron handed Annabeth a beaten up scroll with strange markings that Percy had a hard time making out. Apparently, Annabeth could read these along with Chiron so he felt a bit left out. 

"Here's the English translation," Annabeth says without looking up as if she read his thoughts perfectly. 

Percy leaned over more interested now that he could finally partake in the conversation. He scanned the scroll until he found what he was looking for. In messy quick handwriting it read:

 A friend, an ally, will soon be met

For as soon as they meet will they be best 

Two worlds too close but too far apart

Must beat together as one heart

Both their enemies have become one

Soon they will rise and war will need to be won

Percy felt like he should have already have known these words before but he couldn't place why. 

"Percy's dream does somewhat connect to this prophecy, I have no doubt," Chiron interrupted."but that also means that our enemies are siding with another's enemies."

Percy groaned. He thought he had known majority of their enemies, mostly because they despised him until no end. But to think that even more had been out there made him shift uncomfortably. 

Wait who was the another? Surely it had to be some secret demigod camp right? These thoughts raced through Percy's mind. 

"Chiron, you don't mean-?" Annabeth's question floated through the air unanswered. 

He nodded deeply too lost in his own thoughts. Percy was confused. Again, he felt left out of the conversation that wasn't being spoken aloud. 

Annabeth sensed his annoyance and spoke barely above a whisper. 

"Wizards."

Percy was sure he didn't hear her right. Wizards? The guys with "oh-so-deadly" twigs called wands and pointy hats with beards? 

A small laugh escaped his lips and he was sure Chiron and Annabeth were going to join him. But to no avail, they didn't, too consumed in their own thoughts. 

Wizards? Percy thought You have got be kidding me.

So chapter 3 guys, I apologize again for the untimely update. Be sure to check out the other story I've been writing that's been preventing me from frequently updating: The Truth is Revealed on my joint account MoonandWisdom. Thanks for reading! Feedback always welcome.

                                                                                             -Vee (PercysBlueInk)