Final Days

(Present Day) One day before~~

"Mr. Dalton, I was informed that you have been sexually harassing the hockey team in the boy’s locker room? Am I correct?" Principle Jackson asked in his thick Texan accent. His beer belly was hanging too noticeably as it jiggled with the sound of his voice. If only he had a white beard, you'd think he was Santa Claus. I felt a cold rush of air come from the window as I searched for words, but nothing would escape my lips. 

"Mr. Dalton?" He tapped his foot impatiently. The only source of sound was the tapping of his foot, and a fly that was buzzing somewhere by the window. I felt as if I was suffocating the closer Principle Jackson came to me. The room was barely big enough for him, let alone one of his students.

"I didn't do anything to them." I said quietly. Aren't I the one with the bruised eye? James is fine, plus he's the one who hurt me. Principle Jackson rubbed his forehead in anguish before taking a seat beside me.

James thought it'd be fun to push me up against the lockers and steal my pants. When I started to scream, he panicked and told the principle I was trying to rub my junk on him so he beat me (Self-defense he said).

"You're a good kid Jake. I know that and you know that. I just don't think...I don't think you should be so open with your sexuality. It could send these kids the wrong idea." He sighed patting my back. I didn't know being gay was setting a bad example, I thought. Being a junior wasn't easy, especially when you were gay and living in Texas.

"Yes sir... could I please go?" I asked hesitantly.  Principle Jackson stood up fixing his tie as he walked back to his seat.

"Of course. Have a good day." He smiled as I walked out. I pulled my backpack over my shoulder. The halls reeked of silence as I dragged myself to a tree in the corner. One more class, then today was over. I pulled out my notebook and ran the pencil across a blank sheet. I drew an outline of a raven before the book was rudely kicked out of my hands. I looked up to see Tony, my love and biggest enemy. Out of everyone at this school, he hated me the most. He towered over my grinning deviously. 

Some people actually suspected he was gay because of me, so it only makes sense that he picks on me more than any other kid. 

"Don't forget our after school activity faggot." He chuckled dryly before walking off. Kicking me one last time, he and the rest of the football team walked off. My heart trembled and tears threatened to reveal themselves, but I wouldn't let them. The sad thing was, we used to be really good friends, but ever since he found my notebook he only began to feel hate toward me. 

 I think coming out was worse than actually having people just know I'm gay. I was bullied into coming out. One of the boys on the hockey team suspected me checking out their junk and well, all hell broke loose.

The team rummaged through my backpack and found a notebook of mine that held the many love letters I wrote to Tony. That's why he hated me the most. It wasn't like I tried checking him out or anything, but even something as harmless as a love letter set that guy off. Now I'm his reserved punching bag. A crumbled paper landed on my desk causing me to jump a bit. I looked up to see Tony and Jesse smirking deviously at me.

The entire school was pretty menacing, but Liz, the head cheerleader tried her best to be nice to me... tried. I didn't get it. I wasn't the only 'different' one, but I was the only one who was picked on publicly. Actually, 'picked on' was an understatement. I was abused. Bullied. To them, I was nothing more than a solid being made up of worthless molecules and took up extra space that no one seemed to care for. 

I tried my best to smile and look as happy as possible, but it wasn't easy when everyone was out to get you. I felt so small against all these people, even when I tried encouraging myself. Self-esteem was the least of my problems since I didn't have a single droplet left. I lost that the day I lost Damian...