Chapter 4: Evicka (RW)

"So," I quipped enthusiastically, spinning around on the office chair

"So," I quipped enthusiastically, spinning around on the office chair. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"About that..." Luc rubbed the back of his neck, half-sheepish, half-nervous. He thinks- knows- that I won't like what he's about to tell me. I had the inkling Luc was right. He knew me better than anyone else.

"Get on with it." I stated. I just wanted to get this over with.

"So, you've been hanging around all on your own-" and it isn't healthy. I rolled my eyes. How many times had he told me this? Probably 15 times seeing as I've only been to school for a month and he lectures me about making friends every other day.

Already knowing what I was thinking, Luc rolled his eyes. "-I know, I know. You've heard this like 'a million' times." He put an emphasis on the 'million'. I rolled my eyes. Way to over exaggerate! I sarcastically applauded him in my head. "But I promise this time it's different."

"How?" I asked impatiently.

"Because this time-" He was cut off by the phone ringing. He held up his hand in a 'one second' motion and picked up the phone.

"Mr. Brand. What is it?" He asked, slightly rushed. A muffled voice that sounded a lot like the demon teacher spoke up from the other end. What now? Luc suddenly smiled brightly. "Yeah... Okay, just send him here. I need to speak with him... Alright... Make sure he comes straight to my office... Have a nice day."

He put the phone back down. I squinted my eyes suspiciously at his smile. Then, deciding to let it go, I made a 'continue on' motion. Mr. Brand aka Luc shook his head. "Never mind, I'll just tell you when he gets here. It involves you both anyway."

My eyes widened in horror. "You're not trying to set me up to make a 'friend', are you?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Luc's guilty smile gave it away. "Luc." I whined. "Who is 'he' anyw-"

The door opened with a 'bang'. I flinched. The air suddenly seemed warmer. "What?" A familiar voice asked rudely. Oh no. I had a feeling that I knew who it was. 

Slowly, I turned around and the sight that greeted me made me groan in annoyance. "Not him."

Annoying brunette dude from yesterday smirked. Then, he turned to Luc and nodded in acknowledgment. "Dad."

My eyes widened. "What?" I whirled around. I didn't exactly have to because Luc was already in my field of view but it made things more dramatic so why not? "You have a kid? And out of all the people it could be, it just had to be annoying brunette over here."

"Annoying brunette?" He asked, mock-offended. "I'm hurt."

Luc ignored the both of us. "Evicka, Carter. Carter, Evicka." He introduced.

I rolled my eyes. "Did you have to tell him my name?"

"Why would you not want me to know?" Carter asked.

"Maybe because you're you?" I asked sarcastically.

He frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?" Before we could continue our banter, Luc shoved us out of his office.

"You guys are friends now." He stated before slamming the door shut. I stood there, gaping for a whole minute until Carter flicked my chin. I swatted his hand away with a glare.

"Who does he think he is to decide?" I demanded.

"My dad. Your principle." Carter said sarcastically. "Anyways, let's go now Evicka." He grabbed my arm and started dragging me to god knows where. Then he started to mutter annoyingly. "Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka."

I sighed in annoyance. "And you wonder why I didn't want you to know my name."

In response, he just smirked while saying my name even more. "Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka, Evicka," He paused like he suddenly got a good idea. "Evie!"

"Wow, you made me a nickname that I'm sure no one's called me before."

"I know!" He replied, brightly. Sarcasm, buddy. Ever heard of it?

After about a minute of walking, I knew exactly where we were headed. "No way," I said, stopping. "I just got a chance to miss Dickson the Demon's class and now you're dragging me back to it?" I asked incredulously. What does this guy think he's doing.

Carter's rolled his eyes. "Calm down, we're only here to get Nick and Ryder. You still need to meet them."

"What if I don't want to meet them."

Carter paused, thinking it over. Then, he shrugged. "In that case, you have no choice." He continued to drag me while I cussed in ten different languages.

When we got to the door of Dickson's classroom, Carter slammed it open. "Honey, I'm home!" He shouted cheerfully. We were greeted with an awkward silence.

Unnerved by the eyes on us I scooted a bit closer to Carter. Noticing, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I scowled and shoved him away.

"What the hell are you two doing back here!" Dickson shouted, annoyed.

"Chill man, we're not here for you," Carter said, rolling his eyes. I smirked at the ticking vein on Dickson's forehead. "Nick, Ryder, let's go.

Simultaneously Blondie and Olive eyes stood up and walked out of the classroom. "I did not dismiss you!" Demon screeched. "You're father will hear about this, devil child!"

"He already knows." Carter retorted. "And are you sure you should be calling the principle's son 'devil child' in front of a whole class? Or at all in general?" With that, he grabbed my arm again, turned around, and left the classroom with Blondie and Olive-eyes in tow.

Suddenly I felt uncomfortable. When I was with just Carter, I was just fine. But now that Blondie and Olive-eyes were here I couldn't speak. Especially since Olive-eyes seemed to be creeping closer to me by the second and I was sandwiched in between Carter and Blondie.

A distinct Pine-y scent washed over me. It turned out Olive-eyes really was creeping closer because I could suddenly feel his breath(which weirdly felt like a mixture of warm and cold) grazing my neck.

I unintentionally shivered, I could literally feel his body heat. Warmth flooded my face and I was glad that my mask covered my cheeks. Hurriedly, I took two huge steps forward and prayed he would stay where he was.

From where I was I couldn't see the smirk on his face- nor the slight frown on Blondie's, but I could've sworn I heard a quiet, breathy chuckle- just barely loud enough for me to hear- come from Olive-eyes' direction.

~~~~~~~~~~1145 words~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright © TasneemiBunny

Rewritten