Chapter five

i was gleeful after i got my new hearing aids, there was a whole other world i didnt know about that was full of sound when i put my hearing aids on. when i wasnt wearing my hearing aids, i was tone deaf.i couldnt hear a thing. but im okay with it, i wouldnt change a thing.

after i left the fire station i had changed into my old tattered clothes so my father wouldnt thing i was spending money and get mad. i stowed my clothes in a bag that they gave me and popped my hearing aids in as i walked down the sidewalk. i caught sight of a small bookstore and went in, i may not be able to afford it, but the owner always let me read some of the books there. sometimes she gave me the old, tattered damaged ones or the ones that werent selling. regardless of what book it was, i read them all.

i entered and spotted a group of boys hunched at one of the tables in the back, the bookstore was similar to a library, it was big with books lining the walls and some shelves in between and a couple of tables. the group of boys was soon joined by a couple of girls. they all looked to be about 16 to 17 " hey Silver! can you help us over here?" one of the boys yelled as he waved me over to their spot. i looked at them waiting for whatever they needed." can you help us find a book about the Holocaust?" the boy asked. i only nodded and swept away to one of the walls and plucked several books off a shelf and brought them over to their table. the boy smiled in thanks, but then he saw my hearing aids and he  instantly cowered. "are you d-deaf?" he stuttered, everyone else at the table looked at my. the girls had smirks on their faces while the boys looked...Amused?, "so its true then? you are deaf?" another boy asked. i nodded again. then one of the burlier ones stood up and grabbed my shirt in his meaty fists. the girls just snickered. "so you are 'the little deaf girl' eh?" the one grabbing my shirt sasid. i nodded again but that must have made him mad cause he shook me and yelled, "Whats wrong with ya? cant ya talk?". right then, the guys from the recycling center came in. they must have seen the scene through the window. Scott came in with all of the guys that were in the game room. i looked outside, it was getting dark, i needed to be home soon. i changed my gaze to the boy in front of me. his back was facing the door so he had no idea the danger he was in right now. the boys from the fire station made an appearance also,"i just wanted a book......" Cassius whined under his breath. Hi Scott, hey Cassie"  i said, looking at them, the boy holding me just grunted and laughed, "Do you really think that pathetic distraction is going to work?" i nodded for the fifth time that day, " i suggest you turn around son." Cassius said. the boy holding me looked confused and pissed, but then he turned around and saw all twenty men standing there with murderous glares. they cared about me and would do anything to protect me and keep me safe.he dropped me and hid under the table. i ran to Scott and he picked my up and swung me onto his big back and i hung off one of his shoulders with my feet dangling...yes thats how big he was...

"Mr.Clay!" the main boy said as he jumped up and fixed his clothing. the girls looked scared out of their minds." Hello Robert" Cassius said while leaning on his wooden cane."are you all right Eli?" ,"yes, im fine" i said from Scott's shoulder."i think it would be best if you boys didn't bother Eli again" Cassius threatened. the all stared with wide eyes as Leo pulled me off of Scott's shoulder and put me on his hip. i put my hands on his shoulder and rested my head against them. Leo stuck his tongue out at Scott who was fuming because Leo took me away from him.

" Can we go home Cassie?" i said sleepily,"of course Eli, we can go home." Cassius smiled as he and Leo brought me home with me sound asleep on Leos shoulder."you're warm..." i murmured leo laughed and rubbed my back till we got to my home. People were staring at us with adoration in their eyes. some of the women awwwed and tried to flirt with Leo. but Leo had to keep shushing them and telling them i was asleep, they all cooed at how cute i was," This kids a chick magnet!" Leo whisper-yelled to Cassius. Cassius rolled his eyes as he led the way home.

when we finally arrived, i was out cold. Cassius opened the door and stepped inside quietly, Leo followed and closed the door behind them. They went upstairs and tucked me in." sweet dreams" Cassius whispered with a kiss on my forehead, Leo did the same and pushed my bangs back to rest his big warm hand on my tiny forehead then they pulled away and i drifted of into my maze of dreams.

the next morning i woke up happy as i slid off of my thin mattress to go clean myself up when i spotted the box that Albus had given me. i smiled as i remembered the gift that Albus gave me and i plucked it from its hiding spot in the corner and dusted it off. it was about the size of piece of paper and only about 4 inches thick. i sat down on my bed again and opened it. in the box was a book, 'The Standard Book of Spells Grade 5' and underneath this was some sort of red and sliver cloth. i looked at the soft material before pulling it out of the box. it was....a cloak? i frown as i brought the shimmering red material closer to me and pulled it on. i looked for the cracked mirror on my desk and peered into it.

but... there wasn't anything to see. only my head was visible, i laughed and took it off and inspected the box. no way it could have fit in there with the book? i shrugged it off and put the cloak into it. the cloak sunk down into the box, making the box seem deeper than it already was. i took the cloak out and put my hand in it and it went down ,down until i hit the bottom i looked into the box and saw how deep it really was. and i my jaw fell to the floor. it went a past my elbow!. i sighed at all the craziness and replaced the cloak and put it away. i flopped onto my bed and cracked open the spell book.

Lets just say i had a very interesting day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you now what sucks? school.

my deaf school is longer than that of a public schools because we start school later into the year.

so i am in school right now... updating this...cause i can...

its 7th period and we have free time cause its the last week of school.

so..yay?

wow im really ranting today...anyways! now for the finale!

blibity blabity boo

Bai!