1밤, 21일 12월

1밤; Night 1
December 21, 2013

In 1995, on the 30th of December - a cold winter Saturday - I was born. Since my birth, I have always been fragile; a silent toddler, a timid child, an introverted pubescent boy, and now, an adolescent of all the things I was growing up. Being the way I am, I never took the time to approach a person or be the first to start a conversation, raise my hand or ask questions, meet people or talk to others; I often felt that my presence was a nuisance, so I didn't involve myself with people much, but that's me; Kim Taehyung.

I guess, for a long time, I have always been very preserved; I have always kept to myself. I guess, also, I tended to own an unlikely presence; euphoric, and alien, and sometimes, people enjoyed to point that out. They'd tell me how disrespectfully quiet I was and how I always made everyone uncomfortable because of the way I was. People liked to do that often - but I didn't mind. Pointing out my flaws was something I, habitually, did as well.

Being the way I am, I never complained either. I've accepted the fact that I was not like the average person. I was odd, and I happened to like that about myself...There wasn't any logical explanation to understand the things I was able to do, especially, at such a young age but since the first night of my discovery, the sun setting and night taking over day became my favourite time of the hour.

The moon is out, now.

I close my eyes; I focus on my steadily breathing and within seconds, I've disappeared from my physical body, rising into another world where the only people that may travel, are the souls of those.

I open my eyes and my bedroom appears as ghostly as the night before - grey and miserable. My bed sheets are thin and the books upon the book shelves look worn and weary, but I admire the differences of the netherworld and the human world: Nothing is the same. Even in my state, I can feel the eerie coldness of my bedroom. Everything looks cold but following the light, the windows are bright. Something warm beckons me out.

This is strange, I thought, squinting out to the bright whiteness seeping through the windows. I stared, curiously, intrigued by such an exciting sight and pursued towards it. I slipped my legs off the edge of the mattress and felt the cool touch of the wood floor with my bare feet. The light continued to leak past the blinds and of my countless nights visiting this world, this was my first time witnessing such a colourful sight in a place as dull as here.

Slowly, I made my way to this mysterious light; It was enchanting, and warm. I wanted to touch it but touching something like this was impossible, I knew, even in the netherworld. I felt the glass of the window under my palms and, gradually, I could feel it begin to recover from the wintery temperature. Suddenly, catching my attention, beautiful, and intricate designs began to sketch itself into the glass under my very hand. It was like frost, gracefully engraving itself into these exquisite patterns and shapes; I was in awe, completely fascinated by such work, when a shadow of glistening flashes of light, like stars, began to appear, from out of this mysterious light. Nothing as fascinating has ever caught my eyes but as I glanced back to the frost designs, I'd found that my right hand had disappeared-

I was sinking through the walls! My breathing became heavy and I stared, straight into the center of the mysterious light, clothed in its damned twinkling stars, and began to panic but before I could do anything about it, my entire body had been submerged past the wall, bringing me even closer to this unknown and bright existence...

The fall felt like minutes, descending into an awfully bright nothingness and not knowing when it would end, until I finally landed, stumbling to my knees and hands. My eyes had been closed the second I realised I was being pulled into that white light but after landing, I, slowly, opened my eyes and found myself on a patch of vibrant green grass. This is too strange for me, I whispered in my head.