See You

Five Words Challenge: lyrics, eyes, faith, rain, pillow

================

The soft knock at the door made her look up from the unpacking she was doing.  "Hey," Liz smiled when she found him leaning on the door frame.

"You doing okay?" Zander asked as he walked in the room.

"Yes," she nodded, putting the damp hoodie she just took off on top of the bed.  It started to rain on their way to his car at the airport so they got a little wet. "Hey, uhm ... thanks again for letting me stay here," her cheeks flashed a little bit of a crimson shade.

He rolled his eyes as he playfully pouted. "For the millionth time, I told you it's all good. What kind of a friend am I if I can't let a childhood friend, who, mind you, have saved my ass so many times in the past, stay in my house when I have the room. Actually I have two extra rooms. And ... even if I didn't , I would still let you stay."

She couldn't help but smile. "Thanks."

"Anytime."

"And thanks for picking me up at the airport too."

"You're welcome."

"And for helping me with my luggage in the rain."

"Now that you're definitely not welcome, we have to come up with some sort of payment for that. They were mad heavy yo! Seriously. What do you have in these suitcases? The kitchen sink?"

This time Liz laughed. "No. But that's coming. As soon as I find a place of my own, my parents are shipping out the rest of my stuff."

She moved to the city where he now lives because of an opportunity that she couldn't pass up. Writing is her passion and so when a publishing company offered her a writer spot in a monthly magazine they publish, she immediately jumped and took the opportunity of a lifetime. Even if it meant leaving the only home she knew all her life.

It was easy beacuse not only her brother and his wife lives there but  Zander does too. Two of the three important men in her life will be close by so moving wasn't as hard for her. Yes, she was scared shit with the new adventure life dropped on her lap, but knowing that they will be there was a comfort for her.

The three of them grew up together. They were childhood friends, next door neighbors, playmates and school mates. Zander was her older brother's best friend and they became part of each other's family. Not even his move to the city of lights to pursue his love and talent for music and his ride and rise to music fame can end their friendship. In fact, the sincerity of the bond they had made them hold on to their friendship, despite the distance, be it geography and status.

So now, years later, now that they are older and hopefully wiser, now that he has stepped out of the music limelight and now that she's stepping into the publishing limelight, that friendship is still there. Still intact. Still strong. Supporting each other.

"What the heck? Were you even listening to what I've been saying? No need of finding a place. You can stay here."

"And have you been listening to what I've been saying? No, I can't."

"Why?" Zander frowned.

"Jesus, Z! I already said no to living with my own brother, what makes you think I'd say yes to you?"

"Because unlike your brother I am not in my honeymoon stage of marital bliss. Try again, Liz.. Give me one good reason why you can't stay here."

"Because I can't live off you. I mean, yes,  you are one of my best friends and yes, you are a millionaire or even probably a gazillionaire but I can't let you take advantage of you like that. That's just wrong."