Chapter 1 | The Beginning

Sigh...

I bet you're wondering what happened between DeVanté and I. I was young and dumb, but in love. I remember the day we met so clearly, as if it was yesterday...It was 1991...I was only fifteen, he was twenty-one. I was just a Sophomore in high school, he was a part of Jodeci and had all of the girls Feenin' over him.

It went a little like this...

February 21, 1991

"Morgan, wake ya ass up!"

"I'm up!" I yelled while throwing a pillow at whoever it was that woke me up from a bomb ass sleep.

I opened my eyes and glared at who it was. None other than my annoying cousin, my sister from another mother, Tionne Watkins.

"Well hurry up, and get dressed." She said while laughing.

"Ugh! Get dressed for what? Tee, it's too early for-"

She cut me off and said "It's 10:35, and we need to go find us some outfits for this party tonight."

"Party?..." I straight faced her. "You seriously woke me up for that? You know good and well I'm not going to that party."

"Yes the hell you is. Mo, you need to get out more." She called me by my nickname.

"And why do I need to get out more?"

"Cause you whack as hell. You too damn fine to be cooped up in my mama house like this all the time."

I rolled my eyes.

Yes, it's true. I stay cooped up in this house by myself and be whack. Well, that's how Tionne puts it. I'd much rather do that than go out and do the things she does. Partying, is defiantly not my style. After seeing how crazy the last party I went to was, I could never see myself even thinking about going to another one.

Tionne sighed and left out.

"Thank you!" I said to myself.

I was almost asleep when I felt cold water hit me.

"Bruh, what the fuck!?" I yelled at Tionne.

"Get out of the bed. Go get dressed and be downstairs in one hour." She said through her teeth.

I looked at her like "Biiih who mama you is?"

"You're really a hoe for that, Tee!" I yelled after her as she went back downstairs

I got out of the bed and hopped in the shower. After about twenty minutes, I got out and brushed my teeth. After that, I went to my closet. After years of searching, I finally found some decent clothing to put on.

"Ya got about fifteen minutes!"

"Shut cho ass up." I said to myself.

"I heard that shit!" She yelled back.

Sometimes, I forget she has dog hearing. *Chuckles*

I put on my clothes and threw my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my beeper and went downstairs to see Tionne, along with Lisa and Chilli.

"Hey, y'all." I said.

"Heeeeyyy." Lisa and Chilli said at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's go." Tee said.

The four of us walked outside and hopped into Tionne's car.

At the Mall

"Yo, ain't that them niggas from Jodeci over there?" Lisa asked while pointing with her pinky in the direction they were in.