100

if i cried a lot while writing chapter 50 then haha nOW I WAS LIKE A WATERFALL OR SOMETHING THE TEARS ARE REAL OK this is like the greatest thing i have ever written and even tho i was crying like a baby i also couldn't stop smiling fuck i'm so happy i loVE STUCKY BYE

|||

  Simply put, Steve Rogers had never run as fast as he did once he heard a knock on the front door of his apartment. For the past days, almost weeks, he had been living all alone - excluding Natasha's occasional visits - and whilst he did enjoy the peace and having time for himself, he had had enough and he was more than happy to welcome his boyfriend, and best friend, back home after so long. Only the thought of how he was so close to being able to kiss and hug and hold Bucky again, was nearly enough to bring the man to damn tears but instead of falling apart before the door had even been opened, he tried to hold himself together.

  However, behind the door stood only Sam and while it was awesome to see him again - since Steve had missed him as well - he couldn't help but give a look of confusion and disappointment to Sam whose happy smile turned into a sour expression as he scoffed and pushed Steve out of the way. A sense of concern kicked in instantly, considering Sam was all alone and after peeking in the hallway, Steve came to the conclusion that he had indeed arrived by himself.

  "Not exactly the warm 'Welcome home!' I was hoping for", Sam grinned once Steve had turned to face him, and after he had pulled the blonde into a brotherly hug, he cleared his throat. "Oh, yeah. Bucky's not here", Sam added as he walked towards the small kitchen in the apartment, causing Steve to roll his eyes as he followed him to the fridge which the other man started to go through in the hopes of some food.

  "Yeah, I can see that. Where is he?", Steve asked nervously, his fingers playing with the hem of his shirt as he waited for an answer. He had expected to see Bucky instantly, pull the man into his arms and never let go but instead Sam had come alone and whilst that confused him, it also caused Steve to grow worried. Though, concluding from his best friend's casual way to deal with Bucky's absence, everything was fine and that was why Steve tried to relax only to then realize he was nervous for a whole other reason. Bucky had promised that things would make sense soon, yet it didn't seem like that right now.

  "Uh... Here", Sam muttered after digging through this pockets and finding a piece of paper which he handed to Steve who took it gladly. After unfolding the small note, his eyes met Bucky's handwriting and he couldn't stop a happy smile from spreading out on his lips. The piece of paper had an address on it, and Steve simply thanked Sam before grabbing his leather jacket and the keys to his motorcycle and then heading out.

  "Yeah, I missed you too!", Sam yelled as Steve left, and shook his head while adding,  "Old people", with a bitter look shining on his face.

|||

Steve was excited, though mostly nervous, as he parked his motorcycle near the address he had gotten from Sam. He had tried to think about what to say to Bucky once he'd see him, but there didn't seem to be any right words, or maybe there was too much of them. No matter how he tried to come up with something, Steve was walking towards his destination with empty - and shaky - hands and a mind full of messy thoughts he couldn't solve. Though, he had a feeling that seeing Bucky would ease his stress and everything would make sense like had been told.

Steve also tried to be confident, and strong, but little did he know, that was all going to come crashing down in a moment. The stern Captain America attitude in him, would be long gone and those baby blues, full of tears.

  Bucky was equally nervous, no doubt of it. He was happy to see his darling after so many days without his hugs and that gorgeous smile, and couldn't wait to do everything they had talked about, but mostly, he was nervous like Steve. For a whole other reason, though, because whilst Steve was afraid of the unknown, Bucky was afraid of what he knew and was about to do. It was terrifying, and it wasn't a joke anymore. But he knew it was the right thing to do - still scary, though.