4

The drive home with me and Troye was silent. Ms. Jensen sat in the front seat with her speakers blaring some gross hippie song about happiness.

When I'm sure Ms. Jensen won't pay attention, I say lowly to Troye, "Listen, about my friends...and I'm so sorry, Troye. I should have stopped it earlier, I don't, I just-"

He places a hand on my shoulder, "It's fine, Dan. I'm okay. I promise."

"Are you sure?? God, my friends are such dickheads! I'm so sorry!" I'm extremely pissed at the guys, I want to stop hanging out with them, but they'll call me a fag, too.

"It's okay, you don't have to cut things off with them for me."

"No, Troye...how about I keep telling them the same thing about me wanting you 'to myself' and then, if they don't steer clear of you, that's it. No more Dan for them."

Troye gives a small smile. "Thank you."

+++

As soon as we get back, I quickly take the recycling and garbage bins back into the garage, as it's my day, then I run upstairs to me and Phil's room. I still haven't said one word to him. I'm not even really that mad anymore, but I'm too stubborn to back down. I walk straight past him and to my bed. I sit down away from him and begin my homework.

I work for about 15 minutes, then I hear, "Dan?" I don't move. "Dan, I'm sorry, alright?" Don't break, keep your head down. "I know you're not just an insecure kid. You don't need me, okay? I need you. It gets a little lonely around here, believe it or not." He chuckles to himself. It's getting a whole lot harder to keep up this ignoring him thing, he's being too annoying.

I slam my history textbook shut, stopping myself before I talk to him. I bound down the hall to Troye's room, where I find the door wide open. I knock lightly three times on the frame. "Come in," I hear softly.

"Hey," I say, sitting down beside him on the bed. I then look for the other one, to find it bare. "Wait, why don't you have a roommate?"

"Well, Harry was gonna have you room with me, but then he changed his mind when he found out how much of a "behavior problem" you were. He thought that having you room with Phil was smart because he's had more sober experience and he's older and more intelligent than me, so he'll help you more."

I bite my tongue to hold back from saying that I don't need help. I do not want to start another argument because I know what he's going to say. "Oh, so you don't room with anyone?"

"Nope," He replies, he then walks to his closet and pulls out two 3DS's, he shuts the door quietly and comes back to sit on the bed. "My parents are kind of loaded, they sneak me stuff. See, they know I should be in here, but they don't think I should be completely deprived of fun."

He offers a smile, and I grin back. "So, what games have you got?"

Troye lays out the selection of cartridges, and I pick, of course, Mario Kart. He connects us and we start playing.

+++

"Shit!" Troye yells, as I beat him for the fifth time today.

"Well, as they say, speed is key." I reply, giggling like mad when he chucks a pillow at my face. "You know, you're much more fun than Phil? I'd love to room with you instead." I say, hoping he'll catch my hint.

"Hey, take it easy on the man, alright? He only intends to help you. Trust me." God, people keep saying that! He's not helping my condition at all. If anyone, it's Troye. I mean, at least I don't wanna kill myself to get out of here anymore. "It's getting late, you should probably go back to your room." Troye says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Right." I tell him, getting up and walking to the door. "Goodnight, Troye...Thank you."

The boy smiles softly, "Goodnight, Dan." I begin to leave but he speaks up again, "Hey, Dan?"

"Yeah?"

"Talk to him." I nod and leave his room.

When I walk into our room, Phil is at his desk on his phone, his posture slightly hunched over.

Talk to him. Troye's words echo through my brain. I take a deep breath. "Um, hey." I mumble.

I watch as Phil perks up. "Hey, stranger...where've you been?" Phil asks cautiously, as if he knows he's treading into dangerous territory. That I am a bomb and that I could go off at any moment.

"Just talking to Troye..." Do I want to say the next thing...yeah, why the hell not? "I was asking if I could move in with him..." I narrow my eyes, watching his reaction carefully.

"Oh..." I watched as Phil visibly deflated, his shoulders slumping. Now that I know how Phil feels about me possibly leaving, I make a decision.

"Yeah, he talked me out of it, though."

"Oh?" Is all he can say Oh?

I giggle slightly, "Yeah...he convinced me that you're not that bad at all. In fact, he made me realize that maybe I'm the douche. And that you are trying to help me, and I should let you in," I smile shyly.

He turns slightly an grins back. "He was right," Phil pauses, "about you being a douche, I mean."

"Right," I roll my eyes and snatch the pillow from my bed. When he's not paying attention, I smack him over the head.

Phil lets out a yelp, "Hey! You messed up my fringe. This isn't over."

And with that I fall back onto my bed, laughing. Yet he doesn't do anything besides getting up and taking his pyjamas to the bathroom to change.

I smirk and pull my shirt over my head, sliding my jeans off and replacing them with my pyjama bottoms. I climb into bed as Phil walks in. "Goodnight, Philip."

"Goodnight, Daniel."

About ten minutes after the light goes off, a Gengar plushie landed on my face.

"Told you it wasn't over." Phil's voice rings cheekily through the darkness.

"Fuck off." I groan, falling asleep with a fond smile on my face.