Chapter 62 ~ "Happily" Fucking After

Evan POV:

I threw the newspaper at the wall, crying.
The tears stung my eyes.
"Delirious!" I kneeled beside him, holding his hand.
I suddenly felt my stomach collapse, my heart sinking and my lungs struggling to breathe.
I spoke to him softly.
"Jonathan... They all say you're not going to make it. They're all telling me that I'm wasting my time waiting for you. But I'm not. I know you'll wake up. You can do it. And when you make it through this, I'll marry you. I'll get down on one knee and promise you to forever be beside you. We'll have children... I can imagine a beautiful little boy now, sitting beside you on the couch. I hope he looks just like you. Our family... They'll be beautiful. I'm sure Lonnah and Skylar miss you. We love you so much. I'll wait here forever for you to wake up." I cried.
I couldn't take it anymore...
For the first time, my hope for Delirious waking up seemed to decrease.
"I love you. You're the H2ODelirious to my Vanoss. We're perfect together... You're perfect. I miss making videos with you. We should be on the cruise right now, just drinking away, watching the sunset. Please wake up. I'm nothing without you. I've never stopped loving you, and I won't give up on you now. After all these years, you became mine, and I don't want to lose you. I remember all the funny moments we had together. My sister has a channel now. We can all play together when you wake up. I'm so lucky, you know... Those Gmod days, the GTA episodes, the times playing Call of Duty over and over... The times where we were just friends, that was just the beginning. You just became mine. I can't lose you." I was looking at his pale, still face, wishing his eyelids would open.
I miss his warm smile, his crazy laugh. They'd all drive me wild.
Now I was losing him.
But still, I have hope. He'll wake up...
I'm sure...

I watched the fireworks alone that night, silently hoping Delirious was secretly awake, that anytime he would pop off his bed and start dancing, saying it was a prank.
Then he'd pull me into an embrace and we'd kiss and head home... Home to the beginning of our future.

But that never happened.

••••••~~~~••• OCTOBER •••~~~~••••••

Evan POV:

Halloween.
Exactly one year ago, I was roller skating with him, clueless about what was going to happen.
One year ago, we were trick or treating and holding hands, kissing each other's lips, and just seeing his smile... It made my Earth spin.
I love him.
I love him with all my heart.
I'd give up anything to be with him.
He was my everything.
It killed me that I couldn't stop this from happening to him.
It was all my fault.
As Delirious died, I died with him.
The days passed, and it finally hit to where he has now been in a coma for a year.

I looked up at the ceiling.
The room was silent.
I suddenly couldn't control it anymore.
I laid on the ground and cried.
I couldn't help it.
I sat up and looked at him.
"You did it, Delirious."
I stood up, tears running down my cheeks.
"You lasted a year. You fought for a long time." I ran my fingers through his hair. I then touched his lips, something he hates.
I wanted him to wake up and slap me away, just as hard as he could, and we'd laugh together.
But he didn't move.
He didn't speak.
I leaned down and put my forehead against his.
"You can stop fighting, Del. You're tired." my voice cracked, and I was now silently sobbing as I grabbed his still hand and placed it on my heart.
"You don't have to stay in this awful place. I love you. I'll see you in another world, my love." I couldn't breathe I was crying so hard.
I laid his hands on his chest and kissed his forehead.
I silently left the room.
I visited numerous times, but the only time I stayed longer than an hour or two was during Thanksgiving.
He was making a little progress, his breathing had progressed, and they had started to think he was waking up.

Christmas passed, and after we opened presents, we all visited Del.
I spent the night with him.

For Christmas, I bought him a red and green teddy and laid it beside him.
He still hadn't moved.