Only chapter

The last thing I was expecting when I crossed the doors of 'La Sienna', a very famous and expensive French restaurant in Central City, was to find the guy I consider like a little brother and a very good friend having a romantic dinner with the well-known playboy and millionaire Oliver Queen.

I was a bit relieved that I wasn't the only one surprised by this unexpected scene. Joe and Iris were wearing the same shock expressions on their faces, one that said they didn't believe their eyes. I myself couldn't get through the fact that a womanizer like Oliver Queen was on a date with a man. And especially that Barry could ever be so stupid to accept going out with a piece of shit like Queen, who had no respect for his couples.

"Maybe they are here on a friend's night out?" Iris tried to put as much conviction as she could on her words, but it ended up leaving her lips as a question.

"Oh, the Allen and Queen couple," commented our host. "They are everything but friends, darling. They have been coming here for almost a year now, I've never seen such a cute couple before." I felt my heartbreak at her words.

Barry has been dating Queen for almost a year and didn't tell us anything! I thought distressed. But stopped when I noticed the same reaction on my companions' faces. They are his family, they surely were having it worse.

"That Allen boy is a sweetheart!" The host continued oblivious of our reactions. "So kind and pure that I was afraid at first. After all, we all know how Oliver Queen can be with his partners."

Exactly! I thought victoriously, happy that someone shared my point of view.

"However, Mr. Queen made a huge show for him during Valentine. Mr. Queen brought him here and had acrobats dressed in carnival costumes bring him balloons, chocolates, flowers, a teddy bear, and even a Rolex watch with the Flash insignia. I don't know how he even managed that, but it was so romantic! Not only that but later that night he had a firework show just for him and gifted him a red 65 Peugeot RCZ. All so Allen would forgive him, isn't that sweet?"

"Forgive him what?!" Demanded to know Joe, I rapidly noticed that his papa bear mode on.

The same happened with Iris and me, not the overprotective father attitude, but the overprotective older sibling one.

"I have no idea, I just knew that they had discussed something very important before coming here. It must have been something really big because I've never seen Allen so sad and silent before." She added seriously. "Well, it doesn't matter anymore. The past is the past! Right now they are celebrating that Allen is moving out of his apartment, I'm so happy that Mr.Queen finally convinced him to get out of that horrible neighborhood. Maybe that's what had him so sad that night, Allen didn't take it nicely when Mr.Queen offered... well, more likely ordered him to move out." She thought out loud. "Well, anyway wait a few minutes, please. Your table will be ready soon." With that said she went away, leaving us behind.

"That was..." Started to say Iris but couldn't finish, too astonished to say anything. Which would have been funny, cause the I-always-have-something-to-say journalist was shocked to silence if I wasn't in the same position.

"I know, princess. I know," comforted her Joe.

"How could I've been such an idiot?!" I exclaimed angrily.

"You weren't the only one Eddie, we didn't notice it either." Tried to comfort me, my sweet girlfriend.

"Not that, is that... look, one day I passed by Barry's office to ask him if he wanted to grab lunch with me." I began to explain. "But I stopped when I've heard him having a very heated discussion on the phone. I was shocked when I heard Barry's screaming. Barry never yells or takes out his anger on someone. However, he did then...and let me tell you that it wasn't pretty." I shook my head trying not to remember his distressed expression. "He was so insecure and sad afterward, I believe that was the first time I've wanted to wrap him in a blanket and keep him safe from the world... a bit extreme don't you think?"

"No, it's the same way Iris and I feel." Assured Joe with a kind smile.

"Who would have thought?" Commented an amused Iris. "You both ended up bonding after all. However, not over me but Barry."

We all chuckled at that, only stopping when a voice behind us said: "He is quite amazing, isn't he?" We turned around and were surprised to find the stoic casanova, Oliver Queen standing there. "Would you like to join us for dinner?" He requested politely but there was an undertone that demanded agreement that gave me the chills.

"Fine," I replied glaring at him.

He seemed unfazed by my anger and just guided us through the rows of tables until we reached theirs. Barry was sitting there, shifting nervously on his seat and wearing a sheepish and embarrassed expression, which looked so cute on him that I couldn't stay angry at him anymore. By the defeated sighs given from the Wests I knew they felt the same way as I did.

"Hi," Barry just said. He stood up and gave each of us a hug, before sitting back next to his lover. We took our seats, Joe next to Barry, I next to Queen and Iris between us, and waited. "I know that you must be angry that I didn't tell you. This is the last way I wanted you to find out about Ollie and me." I clenched my fists at the pet name, not liking at all how familiar they were with each other or how comfortable Barry seemed to be with Queen, with the way he was leaning on him. "By a gossip host in a restaurant."

"Barry, you are babbling," said a very amused Queen.

I wanted to yell at him and insult him for that comment. After all, that would only make Barry feel more embarrassed and self-conscious. However, when I was about to open my mouth, Barry chuckled. That was the first carefree chuckle I've heard in a long time, ever since he woke up from his coma. I tried to find a way to deny that thought, but as I watched my best friend look at Queen with that spark in his eyes, a spark that told me that Queen was Barry's anchor. I couldn't continue fooling myself, Barry was in love with that playboy.

I felt my heart break even more than before, and my hate for Queen increase. I couldn't stand the thought of that stupid millionaire toying with my little brother's feelings just to use his body and then dump him as if he was garbage. I needed to stop this, soon. However, I knew that I couldn't do this here. I had to do it in a place I would be alone with Barry, so I could convince him of the mistake he was making. That's why I kept silent throughout the whole most uncomfortable dinner of my life, ignoring the fact that Barry never finished telling us why he kept his relationship a secret and celebrated in my head when Barry invited us to his new apartment.

But that celebration turned into a curse when we reached the most expensive and higher class neighborhood in the city. The worst thing is that it wasn't an apartment the place he was living in, but a house. Queen bought a house for a single man! Who does that?...

Then I began to fear the worst, as I watched Queen look at Barry as if he had hung the moon for him. It was a look filled with so much adoration and love, I knew that he would never cheat on my best friend. However, I also knew that look, from my years on the police force. One filled with obsession. He was the typical playboy man that found the right one and would never let anything or anyone take that person away from him... not even if that person wanted out.

"Barry I need you to listen to me," I demanded once we were along. I tried my hardest not to show the desperation I felt. "Oliver Queen is bad news. I know men like him. They sweet talk you, enamor you, give you everything you want... but then they start becoming possessive and very jealous. The house is the first step, then he'll want you to quit your job and move to Starlight City, where he can know your every move...".

"Then he'll tell me not to work that he can support me and if I wanted out of our relationship he will never give it to me," he cut me off with a small humorless chuckle. "That isn't why he did all of this... or why I was so angry at him during Valentine's day," he told me with a sad small smile. "Eddie, the reason for the house and my anger was a secret I found out his mother had hidden from him. A secret that caused a lot of problems in our relationship and why I had to keep Ollie as a secret." He took a deep breath, making my nervousness grow. "Oliver has a son."

"I knew... wait, what?" I asked completely lost now.

"Oliver has a son named William," he told me again. "He is from Central City. I am a dad, surprise!" He smiled nervously at me.

What the hell?! I really did not expect my night to end up like this when I crossed the doors of 'La Sienna'.