What To Do In Your Sequel Fanfictions

Most commonly when I finish a beloved series for the hundredth time, I find myself wishing for a sequel fanfiction. That is, a "their life after all canon content" type fanfiction. But good ones are hard to find...

This whole group of fanfictions follow a sterotype. Three things that always happen, usually right away, are:

1. Engagement
2. Marriage
3. Pregnancy

And not necessarily in that order. Sometimes pregnancy comes first... *eye roll*

I have read so many books about practically just wedding and baby plans. Mostly Percabeth and Hinny stories come to mind, which is so extremely frustrating because these amazing and adventurous people apparently have nothing better to do than shop for wedding dresses and baby clothes.

There's usually an overload of these seven things:

1. Fluff
Not everything in life is rainbows and unicorns, kids. Not everything a couple does is photo-worthy adorable. I understand that some fluff is desirable, but if Percy and Annabeth are rubbing noses for the third time in a chapter, I'll probably throw up. No thank you.

2. Quips and jokes
Why does everything have to be funny? Canon characters tease each other, yes, but usually their whole conversations aren't built off of said teasing. Normal conversations do exist, right? (I mean, last time I checked) WHEN THE FUNNY IS FORCED, THE FUNNY AIN'T FUNNY!
*clears throat* I'm okay.

3. Twins/triplets
You do know children can come one at a time, right? And maybe for a change, the mom wants a girl and the dad wants a boy. "I want a little Annabeth." Percy said in EVERY FANFICTION EVER. And of course, Annabeth wants a little Percy and then it's twins, a boy and a girl!

4. Roll credits!
Just in case you forgot what book you're reading, authors tend to include the title of the book in the actual book by "casually slipping it in." I've seen it done before by professional authors (key works professional), but it was actually "casually slipped in" and didn't make me roll my eyes (and also the credits).
Also, obvious foreshadowing (i.e. female getting sick/having cravings... *gasp* what can it be?) is obvious.

5. Unoriginal names
Hey, I just realized something-- there are other names than those belonging to dead fictional characters! Spread the word, because nobody else seems to know!

6. Disposable villains
Marvel fans are unfortunately familiar with disposable villains. Yep, sometimes people need a actual "plot" so they bring back a side character nobody actually remembers for half a chapter, and then he/she/it is defeated and everybody gets married and has babies.

7. Sequel to the sequel of the sequel of the sequel fanfiction
Drag that nonexistent plot out until you die! Make 10,000 sequels with generic names! I have nothing better to do with my free time!