Chapter 21 (part 1)

My mom forced me and Alex to go home last night from the hospital after my dad had a heart attack and she said if there was anything change in my dads condition shed call.

As much as I tried not to worry and sleep I failed in both of them. And how was I supposed to be excited for prom now. Everything had flat lined.

"Don't worry Jamie, he'll be fine. If you and him are anything alike hell be up on his feet in no time." Jamie said as he tried to comfort me. I wanted to believe but I dont know.

The next school day went in a blur. It was all about prom. Prom this, prom that and people asking how my dad was. I guess the word travels fast when he's the CEO of a major company here in SF. My mom had called me this morning saying that the doctors say he's going to be fine but they'll keep him over the night in the hospital just in case.

That was a big lift off my shoulders but I still couldn't be 100% sure of it.

"Excited for prom?" Kira asked as we were walking out of the class.

"Not that much anymore. I can't help myself and not worry about my dad."

"But you can't ruin your prom by worrying so much. Like the doctors and your mom said he'll be fine so let go a little and enjoy. You finally get to spend it with someone you love."

I guess Kira was right. This was a moment I couldnt miss. I had to get my act together end enjoy the prom.

Later when we were getting ready for prom we were supposed to meet Kira, Isaac, Scotty and his date at the parking lot. I slipped out of my shower to do my hair. Alex was using the guest bathroom to save up time.

I walked my hair styled slightly curled and messy but in a good way. I slipped in to my suit I had bought a long time ago but never worn it. I decided to go with a red bowtie to top my look.

I took a quick look in to the mirror before exiting my room to see if Alexander was ready.

I knocked on the guestrooms door and opened. Alexander was standing in front of the mirror fighting with his tie.

"May I help you?"

"Please." He handed the tie to me.

"You look perfect." Alexander said in a quiet voice smiling at me.

"Thanks but not as amazing as you do. That suit looks even better now."

We decided to take few photos of us cause I know my mom and dad would have took about billion of us. And also cause if I'm being honest we looked fabulous.

Alexander and I arrived to the school and spotted Kira and Isaac waiting for us already. Kira was wearing this beautiful baby blue dress that reached all the way to the ground and Isaac was wearing a suit with a matching bowtie.

"Where's Scotty?" I asked. Neither one of them knew where he was but we decided to go in and let him find us.

Even the schools hallways were decorated in the proms team which was fairytale, cliché much? But it looked nice so I forgive the cliché. We all walked towards the loud music coming from where the actual prom was happening.

The room was packed with people dancing, laughing and talking. My eyes found themselves looking at the huge banners on the wall for prom king and queen nominees. I stared at my own photo which I thought was horrible but I'm glad it dark so no one really saw it that well.

"You guys can go find a table while Alex and I get drinks, okay? Kira asked.

Isaac and I walked over to the empty table that was left on the side.

"So hows it going with Kira?" I questioned.

"Oh man it couldn't go any better." He winked. I looked at him and shook my head as I laughed, "Okay dude."

Soon Alex and Kira came back with that drinks and we all sat down around the table.

"Let me guess, this is already spiked?" Isaac said before taking a sip of it.

"It most definitely is." I coughed. It was really spiked. Everyone was going to be all over the place by the end of this prom.

It had probably been 20 minutes since we had gotten here and there was still no sight of Scotty. But just as I was about to call him and ask where he was, Scotty walked in with a woman, a very tall one. He spotted us and walked over. All of us were slightly confused why was his date a woman.

"Hello losers." Scotty greeted us. "This is my date J'adore De Rose. And these are my friends Jamie, Alex and Kira. Oh and Isaac sorry bout it." He laughed. Isaac rolled his eyes in responce.

Where have I heard that name before? Jadore?

Wait a minute. I looked at his date for a good second when I realized who it actually was. It was no woman, it was a freaking drag queen, and one hella famous one.

"If you dont mind me asking how on earth did you get J'adore as your date to the prom?" I asked.

"Oh Jamie... Money does wonders, you should try it sometimes." He winked. "But really, I have my connections babe."

"Oh my god I know who you are!" Kira shouted all the sudden out of nowhere. "You're the famous drag queen. Omg I love you! You look so amazing!"

"Thank you."

"I'm Kira."

"Well thank you Kira. You look beautiful as well." J'adore said.

"How do you look so woman like?" Isaac wondered.

"Make up and padding obviously."

As the rest were getting into their conversation, I felt Alexander poke my arm. I turned my face at him and smiled.

"Wanna dance beautiful?" He whispered in my year. We got up and headed towards the dance floor.

Afraid by The Neighbourhood was playing. Pretty perfect song if you ask me. I stared straight into Alexs eyes and I felt my stomach fill itself with thousands of butterflies. I let out a little laugh and look down.

"What?" Alexander smiled.

"Nothing. You just look so handsome."

"Awh my cutie." He said and connected our lips for a kiss.