11

Back to Haleys POV

Feelings.

I just hate having them.

One hundred prom dates.

That's another thing I hate.

Is it possible to like all of them and Aiden at once? I guess I won't technically know until tomorrow if I still have feelings for them, they kind of all seemed like friends to me not boyfriends or anything.

Except Aiden.

I mean it not like I'm in love with him it's just, after everything that happened I might still like him.

Just a little though.

I'm not about to make the mistake of jumping into a relationship again. I'm going to make sure it's real before I do that.

It's just hard to admit how much we didn't know about each other when we started dating. We jumped on the fact that we felt something when we kissed. I don't know where my mind was, I had no kiss to compare it to, maybe a spark and some excitement was normal? 

But something at the back of my mind said differently.

I just hope everything works out.
I don't know how ready I am for another fall out.

~*~

"Hey Haley!" Micheal said sitting up on my desk and smiling. 

"Hi Micheal! What's up? "

"I was just wondering if you might want to I don't know go out sometime."

Wait... what?

"It's just I was having so much fun talking to you but we never really finished our conversation. .."

"Oh um..I uh..." I trailed on confused and unsure how to answer the question.

"I'm sorry, you can take your time. I just wanted to ask before anyone else did but by your hesitation I'm guessing someone already did?"

Was it crazy that I was thinking about Aiden? We aren't even dating. Why did I feel like I couldn't take Michael out?

"It's okay Haley,  don't worry about it. It was stupid of me to ask after seeing you with Aiden. I'm sorry."

"Its not like that...it's just- " But it is like that.

"Hey no hard feelings, don't worry about it. I know when to stop. " And with that he jumped off my desk and left.

Well that was interesting.

By the end of the day I was completely exhausted. So when I walked into rehearsals you can imagine how scatter brained I was.

"You know the show is in like a month right?" A stage hand screamed at me.

"Yes I do I'm just a little tired. " With that she rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath about how she could have done a better job as Juliet than me.

Whatever she can say whatever she wants because on opening day I get to be on that stage and she doesn't.

The rehearsal  continued until we had run through about 3/4 of the show. I was so relieved when Ms. Musket yelled, "that's a wrap!" I walked out the door phone in hand, drama bag in other. I was halfway to the door when a familiar blond caught up to me.

"Hey Haley what's up?"

"Nothing much Aiden how are you?"

"I'm good. So um I saw you talking to Micheal earlier."

"Yeah he um asked me out."

"Oh, what did you say?"

"I said, well I didn't really say anything. He kind of just said he was sorry for asking."

Aiden sighed in relief, was it possible he still liked me too?

"Oh. Why?"

"Why do you care?" I asked seeing if I could get him to talk.

"I don't it's just with the show .."

"I don't think this is about the show." I said finally.

"You should go with him." He blurted out randomly.

"He already took back the offer."

Aiden mumbled something like" you're making it harder than it actually is." But he settled with."I'll talk to him. He owes me."

"Oh okay. Um thanks."

Ex boyfriend sets up my date with one of his mutual friends who owes him a favor.

Couldn't say I've heard that story before.

~*~

I walked through the door of a small cafe to see Micheal sitting in the back, his eyes trained on his phone.

"Hi." I said taking a seat across from him. He looked up and smiled.

"Hello, you look beautiful, as usual." He was quick to add the last part.

"So...why did  you owe Aiden this favor?" I said laughing. It's weird that this was his favor. Setting up his ex.

I thought it was funny but Micheal thought differently, he was tense. He tried to laugh but instead the air got  caught in his throat and made him sound like he was choking.

"Maybe I'll tell you another time." He said, it came out quite cold even if he didn't want it to.

"It's okay you can trust me. I won't judge you." I said calmly, I was intrigued.

"Maybe another time."

"Okay. So what's good here?" I said knowing to stop pushing.

He smiled the smile didn't quite reach his eyes but he was visibly relived that I didn't push him. The rest if our date was quite care free and  fun. We laughed and by the end if it I was happy to go on another one when he brought it up.

"Next Saturday good?"

"Yeah that should be fine." I said as I walked to my door step.

"Thank you for the date by the way, I know it was short notice." I said turning to face him.

"No problem.  Looking forward to Saturday. " He said waving good bye to me.

I walked into my living room to see my tired mom I hugged her and sat down by the table to start my homework. She watched over me and asked me to tell her more about Prom when I was done with homework and she was done with work we parted ways to get ready to sleep.

I missed talking to my mom, it was hard with school and boy drama and my after school things. But we always made time for each other. After my Dad left we only had each other after all.  No hard feelings to him, he just couldn't deal with my disorder.

I don't blame him, at some point I couldn't either.

~*~

Ooooo the juicy secrets! Yes with time I will be spilling the details of Aiden and Micheal as well as Haleys disorder. I just didn't want too much to happen in this chapter after the news that was broken in the last one. These two  have a little bit of a sadder storyline and I didn't want this story to be too depressing. Well I hope you liked this chapter! Vote and please comment!!