Two

My hand twitched at the sensation of something touching it. It was cold and felt rough. It was a mans hand. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Dr. Sloan laying his head on my bed.

I laid there and watched him breath slowly. I knew he was tired so I let him rest and I just watched him. A few minutes later his pager went off and he jolted to an alert status.

His face turned a bright shade of red when he realized he was still holding my hand and that I was awake.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?"

"Considering what happened, I'm just glad to be alive. Did everything go ok?"

"Well..." He paused in hesitation, "There was a lot of damage during the accident.... But you still have all your limbs, you will make a full recovery."

Just then another young doctor walked into the room. She had shoulder length brown hair.

"Mark I paged you like ten minutes ago stop staring at the dead girl and...." She stopped talking. When she saw I was awake. Her jaw hung open and so did mine.

"What? Dr. Sloan what is he talking about?" I started to hyperventilate from anxiety and shock.

Marks face grew with furry at the other Doctor. "Lexi, outside, now."

He shot up and stormed her out of my room and closed my door. I started frantically looking around the hospital room. The tv was off and a newspaper was just out of my reach.

"Ok Daisy think, it was a Tuesday when the accident occurred, and surgery was probably a few hours so it should be Wednesday..." My thoughts were interrupted by a nurse coming in to check my vitals.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I ask you a weird question?" I asked the sweet nurse.

"Go ahead baby, what do you want to know?" She replied looking trough my chart.

"What's today's date?"

"Today is Monday, October 15, 2016." She out my chart back down and rushed out of the room to attend another patients needs.

Everything started to make sense now, what Lexi said, why Dr. Sloan was acting weird... The room started to spin.

Bells and whistles shot off as I felt my blood pressure go up. Nurses and doctors rushed into my room.

They put my bed flat and threw back my sheets. It was getting hard to breathe and I was frantically searching the doctors faces looking for Marks.

But he was gone.