Chapter XXI

Scanning over my short answer entries one last time, I sighed and set down my pen in satisfaction. Done. Finally done.

It had been a terrible week of waiting and re-reviewing in nervous dread of my finals since half of my professors had decided to test as early as possible—the first Monday—and the other half as late as possible—the second Friday. Whoever gave them this choice should reevalue their options.

The bespectacled professor clapped her hands and shouted "time" just as I was glancing up to the clock to check. "Papers on my desk—neatly, Howards—and have a good break, all," Professor Marne shouted into the hall as everyone surged down the stairs, trying to get out of the lecture room as quickly as possible.

"Thank god it's over," Quinn sighed to me slapping her paper down into the messy pile rising on the empty desk. "Let's never talk about it again. Ugh—this class isn't pass-fail either, is it?"

"Nope," I said, giving her a sad smile. "It's okay though—I'm sure you'll pass."

"I'll have to settle for that C," Quinn frowned. "What're you planning this afternoon?"

"Nothing much," I replied, stretching my arms out above me. "Ah, that feels good. You doing something?"

"Not really. I was going to pull the hermit out of his shed for a day," Quinn joked. "I don't think Tim has left his room since last Tuesday when we ate out together."

"Oh dear, I'll call Stacey," I said. "She'll know who's free and who's not. God, I still can't believe that Marne pushed the final off until Friday afternoon—doesn't she realize that no one wants to take finals on a Friday?"

"At least you don't have it tomorrow," Quinn smiled weakly. "Psych finals are tomorrow afternoon. Megan was moaning and groaning all week."

"Saturday afternoon? That's terrible!" I frowned. "I'm going to head home and change first—call you as soon as I get word."

"Sounds good," Quinn grinned, waving as she opened the door to her car. "See you later, Stell."

---

"What are the chances," Karen grinned, spotting the last of the group pull into the parking lot.

"Lucky for us that the tickets didn't sell out too," Tim added as Chad and Stacey hopped out of their car.

"It was her fault," Chad asserted unnecessarily, earning a light whack from Stacey.

"You didn't tell me it was time to leave," Stacey frowned, looking around. "Whoa, everyone's here."

"Yep," Calum smiled, hands tucked into his pockets. "Let's go in now—movie starts at four o'clock sharp."

"Let's buy food first," Quinn reminded, and a rise of giddy childishness rose in the group.

"I haven't had this stuff in forever," Karen exclaimed, examining a package of candy. "Skittles—they're tropical-flavored too!"

"I'll go first!" Chad announced, charging over to the line. "One slushy please. And the largest sized popcorn."

"Let's get the pizza, Hunt," Whitney said, looking at her boyfriend excitedly. "We can share."

"The nachos look nice," Kimberly murmured. Calum gave her a grin before lining up in the growing line.

"Wanna split a pizza?" Quinn asked, pulling out her credit card. "Pepperoni or cheese?"

"Pepperoni today," I decided, looking over the menu. "Let's get some cups for drinks too."