Carnival

Hercules and Sadiq walked alongside each other around the fair. Brazil was such a lively place. There was much music and happiness around the streets and this year-round fair seemed to be a major part of it. It was nothing like their small town in Greece. Their parents had went to take care of hotel arrangements and trusted  Sadiq with his four year old brother. Hercules pointed towards one of the rides.

" Let's go on that one." Hercules suggested, well, demanded.

Sadiq sighed " Fine, but afterwards we're getting food."

" Fine." Hercules ran towards the ride and waited in line, Sadiq trailed behind him.

The line was short and fast paced, which Sadiq liked. Once they got to the front the man in charge stopped them.

" The little one has to go alone." The man said in heavily accented english.

" ... Alright. " Sadiq replied and Hercules looked concerned for a moment.

" Don't worry you'll be okay Hercules." Sadiq patted Hercules's back hesitantly. He wasn't exactly great at the whole comforting children thing. However, it seemed to work and Hercules smiled and rushed onto a cart, the worker locked the sides of the cart and started up the ride.

Sadiq watched Hercules go up from the sideline. The ride seemed nice and quiet, and Hercules seemed to having fun for a moment until suddenly his expression changed and he began screaming.

Sadiq rolled his eyes and huffed " Hercules picked this ride and now he's scared?"

However something seemed off, Hercules kept his jaw open but the screaming stopped after a minute. Sadiq furrowed a brow and then as the ride took one of its dip, he saw Hercules's face was a deep red. He ran over towards a worker who was talking to someone else.

" Sir, there is something wrong-"

Sadiq was suddenly shoved to the ground.

" Don't interrupt when I'm talking! Now scram off!" The worker was clearly upset and Sadiq scrambled away to avoid problems. Before he could find someone else, the ride was over and the sides opened. He looked at Hercules and saw a large snake wrapped around his abdomen. Hercules's face was now purple. The worker who shoved Sadiq ran towards Hercules and called the hospital. Another worker called animal control. Sadiq fell to his knees and stared at the ground.

" I'm sorry, kiddo."