Adjusting

"Just sleep here, there is plenty of room on my bed" I said off-handedly from my closet as I changed clothes.

"Ummm that's not a good idea" Nate called back.

"Why? I mean... well I don't really have feelings for you like that. And neither should you, I'm sure you've noticed we're not mates" I said hesitantly.

"Yeah, I noticed...but I'm still unmated and you're still unmated and I'm pretty sure Alpha Alex would explode if he got the wrong idea" he told me as I hopped on my bed.

"That was actually my goal" I chuckled. Nate looked at me with a quizzical brow. "I'm..." I began, "I'm having a hard time staying mad at him. Or staying away from him for that matter. But he needs to show me the good side of him. All I have seen is anger and sadness. I don't want to be with someone like that. So I want to test his anger levels. See what happens when I try to make him angry."

"That's cruel..." Nate gave me a chastising look, "can I join in?". His chastisement quickly turned to a devilish grin.

"Yes, but we also need to find your mate as well. I believe your bear said she was 'aroond'. Or around." I said.

"I can sense she's around but I won't be able to find her until she's closer" he explained.

"At least she's close enough to be sensed" I said as I crawled under the covers. Nate stayed in top, which was actually probably a good idea because I felt a little... uncomfortable... at the idea of him being in my bed, even though I told him it was ok.

"You know why that is"

"Oh hush" I thought viciously, and forced my mind to calm and sleep.

* * *

"Terri!" Sophie's high pitch voice yelled out as Nate and I got out of my car. She was violently waving us over to the stoop of the school. The group stood in a close circle, obviously enjoying the brisk morning. Sophie and Jason were huddled close, looking rather warm in each other's company. William and Sienna on the other hand looked like they were going to set everyone around them on fire. William was leaning against the wall of the high school and Sienna was holding him inside of his jacket. They were forehead to forehead, whispering to each other intently, occasionally giving each other kisses. A pang of sadness went through me as I wished I could have that. Brett looked moody as usual but even he had a better aura about him than the guy standing next to him. I couldn't see his face, but based on my racing heart, I knew it was Alpha Alex. He was wearing a tight black jacket with the good pulled over his head and loose blue jeans that hung off his hips. I could see the muscles tense in his back as he realized I was near. I took a deep breath and forced myself to calm down my insane hormones.

"Are you ready for this?" Nate asked with a grin.

"Yeah" I said with a little apprehension.

"Hey guys! Did you pick up Nate this morning? That was nice!" Sophie exclaimed. Obviously cold weather made her chipper. Or more so than usual.

"No, actually he stayed at my house last night" I said matter-of-factly and took a quick glance at Alpha Alex. He had gone from his slouched position to a rigid form in an instant. I could see his hands clenched into fists.

"Oh... that's... fun" Sophie said hesitantly with wide eyes. She was wildly looking at Alpha Alex then me, as if she was trying to warn me.

"What's even more fun is that Nate shifted!" I exploded.

"What?!" Sienna and William had finally joined the world and Brett looked up shocked.

"Man that's awesome" Jason said, clapping Nate on the back.