Prom/I Love You, I Do

Minnesota, 2nd April 2016

It's prom time and I'm not too excited about it. 

Oh I forgot to tell you I won the Senior Class President race and now I have to meet the superintendent of Michigan schools. 

My idea can't become a reality without the confirmation of the principal. It needs a higher title of school person to allow the construction work of the guidance counselor room.

And the formation of the teachers and the guidance counselor too.

Superintendent - Good morning Miss Price.

Lea - Good morning Mr. Ives.

Superintendent - So your promise as a Senior Class President is to build a counseling guidance room and formation for all the teachers in the Redlands High School?!

Lea - Yes, that's not only my promise but my goal. 

Lea - To create a safe environment for the students by giving more information about what people call minorities.

Lea -  I want everybody to be open minded. I know this sounds really like an utopia. 

Lea - But that's the goal I'm setting. I held a charity fashion auction and I gathered two thousand three hundred eighty dollars in cash.

Superintendent - That really sounds like an utopia but I believe in you. I see a spark of determination and success in your eyes. 

Superintendent - I will allow that, I mean of course we need construction workers there, to build a guidance counselor. 

Superintendent - Also with that money I will give formation to teachers with the masters of each type of minority. 

Lea - I thank you on behalf of your school. This is really a great step to have graduated students who are more tolerant of diversity.

Lea -  And to people who are born within the what so called minorities to be safe and accepted.

Superintendent - Okay Lea, give me the money I'll take it from here. 

Superintendent - It was good to have you in my office. 

Superintendent - Most of Senior Class Presidents just promise to change the school's food, that's good but it's not a great step. 

Superintendent - The government is already doing that. 

Superintendent - So it's refreshing to hear your goals and ideas to change your school for the better.

Lea - Here's the money. I'm really glad to be in here. Pleasure to meet you Mr. Ives.

Superintendent - Thank you. Pleasure to meet you too Miss Price.

I walk out of Miss Ives office and go to school. I've made everything possible to achieve what I promised in my campaign. 

From now on the rest of the job is in the superintendent hands.

Mackenzie calls me and I put her on speaker.

Lea (while driving) - Hey Mackenzie, how are you going?

 Lea (while driving) - Oh I'm on my way. I was meeting with the superintendent of Michigan schools to get his validation to build the guidance counselor room and the formation of the teachers.

 Lea (while driving) - Oh is it tomorrow?! 

 Lea (while driving) - I'm don't think I'm going. 

Lea (while driving) - I just broke up and I'm not ready to see a lot of couples there. It would triggering into remembering about Aaron.

 Lea (while driving) - Okay I'll go just to see you be crowned Prom Queen.