5. Target One

I did not want to do this. Honest to god, I didn't want to but here I was, walking or more like stumbling through the halls of Townsville High.

I was wearing the most ridiculous outfit. This light pink tank top with a cherry smack dab in the middle, followed by a way to short jean skirt and these way to tall red heels. I looked like an idiot.

But I felt like a total jerk.

I was supposed to find a boy named Mitch Mitchelson and make him fall for me or at least gain a pretty hardcore crush and then by the end of the term, I move onto the next guy.

I wouldn't even be doing this if it wasn't for the last guy on the list; Brick Jojo. The same guy who treated me like I was completely, utterly worthless. I thought I was over everything that happened but hearing his name and the way he treated those girls just sparked a fire in me. But those other guys never treated me as bad as Brick had..

"Blossom Utonium?" I looked up as I entered the halfway filled classroom, my eye meeting the welding teacher.

"Uh, that's me.." I blushed avoiding the eyes that followed me, well more like my body but they were still on me.

"I'm Mr. Dougan, your welding teacher for the next semester. Take a seat in the back row."

I nodded, hurrying to the back, I was supposed to have this class with him but I hadn't seen him yet, even after the late bell rung. Guessing that he wasn't going to show up, I focused my attention back on the teacher. I still had to keep my grades up and join every club that would get me the best scholarship. Except this was the first day and that meant papers for parents to sign and safety instructions.

Mr. Dougan seemed annoyed as the door slammed open. I jumped, startled by the sudden noise. My stomach twisted as I looked at the boy who made his way inside--Mitch Mitchelson.

Mr. Dougan grabbed the assigned seat paper, "Mitch, this year you're by.... Blossom." He stated before glancing up at me, "Wait.. that can't be right, this is supposed to be in alphabetical order.."

A petite brunette who was sitting in the small office, jumped up, rushing to the teacher, "The computer must've glitched but it should be fine. Better not to complicate things and move everyone around."

Now that I looked at her, she was one of the girls from the house.

'They messed with a lot of girls and I mean a lot but we only choose the girls that held the most power. Ones that worked closely with teachers and could get their hands on documents and alter schedules.'

Mr. Dougan grumbled but nodded, "Go sit Mitch, you're wasting time and I'll hold everyone after the bell if I don't finish on time."

She sighed before sending me a small smirk and a wink before disappearing back into the office. This only increased my anxiety as I avoided eye contact with Mitch. I held my palms tightly together, doing my best to keep them from shaking.

What was I even doing here?! This was a mistake! But if I backed out I'd have more than a handful of angry girls to deal with. On the other hand was I really willing to hurt someone?

I had to look at this from someone else's point of view.. This boy hurt so many girls without even a blink of an eye. This was just getting even.. Making it so those girls didn't have to hurt so much anymore.

"What's with the ribbon?" A gruff voice asked.

My heart slammed against my chest but I took a deep breath, turning to look at him, "Pardon?"

He was chewing on the end of a, hopefully his, pencil. "Your ribbon.. kind of gross, all tattered and stuff don't you think?"

I gasped, my shock melting into a glare, this was my lucky ribbon, my first ever ribbon, how dare he! "I'll have you know this ribbon is very important to me!" I snapped, "At least I'm not some basic boy that wears kaki shorts!" I turned my attention back to the teacher, my nervousness disappearing completely and my anger taking full force.

I heard him let out a soft chuckle making my frown deepen. What a jerk! How did girls even fall for him in the first place?!

I ignored him as he ogled at me and when the bell rang I grabbed my bag and the papers that were passed around, making my way out of class.

"Hey! Cherry!" Mitch yelled, making me look back to see who he was talking to but he was only looking at me. He pushed through people trying to reach me.

"Cherry?" I questioned, wondering why he was even talking to me.

He smirked, "Like the one on your shirt, Cherry."

Don't tell me he was planning on calling me that!

I just rose my eye brows, annoyance clearly written on my face. But that only made his smirk grow, "So I was wondering if you wanted to join me during lunch. Get some pizza or something."

"Isn't this school a closed campus? As in not leave for lunch?"

His smirk slipped into a boyish smile, "Nobody really listens to that rule and the teachers don't mind."

I rolled my eyes, "Well I already have lunch, so no." His smile faltered as I spun on my heel but then I remembered the plan. I froze on the spot before sighing and turning around seeing him looking almost heart broken. He couldn't of fallen for me that fast! Could he?..

"But maybe tomorrow? If that works for you."

His smile was back, "Yeah, totally! Now let me walk you to your next class."

This is going to be the toughest school year of my life.