Part 1

FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH 8:00am.

Amaya Sharp woke up early in the morning before her usual 8:30am alarm disturbed her sleep. Classes officially started at Greater South University at 9:00am and since she lived in residence, she always set her alarm to 8:30am in order to get in as much sleep as she possibly could.

Being a university student was hard enough for the average University goer, but for Amaya who had a scholarship, it was even harder. Every day, she would stay up till at least 1:00am studying. That was the only way she knew how to live her life. Growing up without a silver spoon in her mouth thought her how to work hard for what she wanted, she worked too hard was what anyone who knew her always told her, but she felt like they were all saying nonsense. She was not poor, but she worked that way to secure her future, she worked hard so that one day she would be a great, highly respected lawyer.

Amaya grew up as an only child, and growing up alone made her reserved. She never knew how to start a conversation or keep one going, and so she always kept to herself. She had friends, but it took her a long time to know how to act around them. She never hated her lifestyle, she never felt left out, never felt like she needed to fit in to be happy. She was perfectly happy being on her own. The only time she was attached to someone was when she dated her ex-boyfriend- Ryan Allen for a year. They met when she was fifteen and did not date until she was seventeen, even if he had tried to date her since the very first day they met. They broke up the day she went to college. Long distance was the reason they gave anyone that asked, but they both knew that there was much more to their breakup.

She turned to her left where her roommate's bed was, Orla- Amaya's roommate turned best friend was in a way the opposite of Amaya. They both met at orientation night which a girl from Amaya's high school forced her to attend. As usual, Amaya sat at a corner, completely ignoring everyone around her. Everyone was having a good time, and no one really paid attention to her, and so, she got herself engrossed in the book she was reading. As she was getting to the climax of the story, she saw her book slip away from her grasp and she looked up to find Orla shaking her head at her. Orla held her book up high and dragged her to the crowd. Amaya tried to protest, but Orla was stubborn and wouldn't let her have her way, and so she finally gave in. Letting Orla have her way that day, gave birth to their unbreakable bond, they stuck to each other like tape to paper. After a week of knowing each other, Orla who had a single room, gave her room to Amaya's original roommate so that she and Amaya could share the same dorm room.

Amaya would sometimes stare at Orla to try to decipher what quality Orla had that made her come out of her place of comfort, she never really knew what it was. Whatever it was, she was glad that Orla had it and that she was able to change her from being the reserved person she was.

Unlike Amaya, Orla had enough money not to worry about her future as much as Amaya did. She always made sure to have the full University experience. She attended every major university party, and she was in a sorority which she forced Amaya to join. She was living large, and still managed to get decent enough grades to grant her good academic standing. She also kept late nights to study, but not as late as Amaya, and she was always up early. She took the longest time to get ready, and she made sure to give herself about an hour to get ready every day.

Orla's bed was empty, and so Amaya assumed she was taking a shower. She decided to do the same, even though she had enough time to sneak in some extra sleep.

She walked to the closet that she shared with Orla and picked up her bathroom caddy, which was all she needed. Her towel was already in the five stall bathroom which she shared with half the girls on their floor.