Part 2

FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH. 11:20am.

Amaya ran out of the dining hall. On her way out she could hear a few people ask her if she was alright, but she ignored them  and kept going. She ran as fast as her legs could take her and occasionally turned around to make sure  no one was following her. Her hands were shaking and her heart was beating fast. She saw a restroom and then she ran inside without even checking if it was the male or female restroom. When she got in she saw a girl washing her hands by the sink, she was lucky to have entered the right one.

She ran into a stall and started pacing about in the small space. She bit her lips until she managed to draw out some blood. She rolled out some tissue and dabbed it on the blood, until there was no blood anymore, and then she tossed it on the floor. She began to do what she did whenever she was in a difficult situation; she began to think. Her mind drifted far. She thought of all sort of frightening things that made her even more terrified. She wondered how he found her, she wondered if he had always known where she was all along and had been watching her like an animal watches its prey. She also thought of the possibility that Ryan betrayed her and sold her out to save himself. That made her really furious. She felt like she was being pulled back, she thought that finally she would be free from the fear that haunted her in all her dreams. Relief washed through her when she thought that she had finally escaped from her past, but unfortunately for her, she had not. Her past was in the same building and on the same floor as she was.

Someone knocked on the door, and then she shook. She moved back until her back was touching the wall of the bathroom. She placed her hand over her mouth and held her breath. 

" Hey are you alright in there?" she heard someone ask in a worried tone.

"Yeah," she said, but her breaking voice betrayed her and told the truth. The person must have heard her panicking.

"You don't sound okay," the girl said.

"I'm not okay now, but I'll be fine soon," she said. "I don't mean to be rude but please I need to be alone now," she begged.

"Okay," the girl said "if you're in trouble and you need help, you should tell someone," she said and then she stood by the door for a bit before reluctantly leaving. 

Once Amaya was sure that she was gone, she started worrying again. She ran her hand through her brunette mane as she thought of a way out of the mess she was in. She then realized that she was more susceptible to getting hurt if she was alone, and so she decided to leave and surround herself with as many people as possible. She opened the bathroom door and stepped out, she walked to the sink and washed her face. She looked into the mirror to see that she looked a mess. She combed through her hair with her hand and then she dried her face with some tissue. She walked to the door and placed her hand on the handle, she took in a deep breath before pulling it open. She poked her head outside and looked left and right. She scanned through the people that were walking the halls. No one she did not want to see was there, and so she stepped out of the restroom and ran  to the elevators.

She took the elevator to the first floor. When the door opened she saw Orla standing in front of the elevator with the most worried expression on her face. She was holding both her bag and Amaya's bag. Amaya did not even realize that she had left her bag in the dining hall. Orla let out a sigh of relief as soon as she saw Amaya.

"I hate you," she screamed and then she ran to hug Amaya. "I was worried about you, someone told me that you ran out of the dining hall like a crazy person," she said and then she pulled herself away from Amaya and looked at her face. "Are you okay?''

Amaya nodded "Please don't ask me further questions," Amaya pleaded and then she took her bag off of Orla's shoulder.

"What sort of friend would I be if I don't ask questions?" Orla pressed.