Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sin

This book is nearing the end of its life and this chapter is the start of that end.

----------

February 14th - 11:02

Run. That's all I can do at the moment. Because after what I heard, I don't know what to do anymore. Everything is jumbled in my head. Nothing makes sense anymore. I just want my angel in my arms and hope that everything will return back to the way it was. Even though it is far from it.

My feet carry me back to my house. Thankfully, the front door is already unlocked. Pushing my way through, I bolt up the stairs. My heart thumps loudly in my chest. Keep your cool, Liam. Everything is alright. Everything is alright. Everything. Is. Alright.

I jump the last three steps and sprint to my bedroom. Without thinking, I roughly grab the doorknob and twist. But it won't budge. It's locked from the inside. DAMN!

"LIAM!" a dark booming voice rings its way up the stairs. But I have no time. Because that is what I'm running out of. Balling my hand into a fist, I bang against the door, but nothing. Nothing on the other side.

"LIAM!" I hear the footsteps coming up the stairs, but once again I ignore him. I have to deal with him later. Not when there is potential danger approaching my angel.

"Liam, damn it. We need to talk," my father's voice resonates behind me, but I incessantly shake my head. Anger pulses through my veins. How could he not tell me? I understand it coming from everyone else, but my own father? That's the worst kind of betrayal.

"Liam." A hand roughly grabs my shoulder, but my father yelps in pain as I hear the sound of sizzling skin. Yes, I'm that mad.

"NOT RIGHT NOW, DAD!" I yell. Banging a few more times, I call out but I get no response. Anxiety, fear and anger mix together viciously until I am blind with no judgment.

Within seconds, the door is blown off of its hinges. I only take one step inside to feel the hollow feeling of my heart dropping. Tears start to prick my eyes.

Gone.

February 13th

Almost an entire month gone. And Louis and Harry still haven't gotten back to me about Zayn. During that time, I thought that I would be able to keep my cool. But no. That was not physically possible. Because he is the reason why I can't be fully happy even with my angel in my arms. Except recently my flower hasn't been in my arms. Because recently, he is always dragged away by that amber-eyed panther. And it pisses me off to no end.

Every time I try to take my boyfriend out during the night, Bobby would always answer the door with that annoying smile and tell me that "his baby boy" and Zayn are out for some school project or whatever improvised reason he thinks up in his head. And every time I see my blonde little angel at school, he is thoroughly glued onto the panther's side. Which doesn't at all make sense to me. He's my damn boyfriend. He belongs to me. So why the hell is he always with Zayn?

Which is why I stand fuming and steaming in my own pent up red raw anger as I watch Zayn continue to whisper some stupid stream of consciousness into my baby's ears. To my fortune, the crystalline blue eyes dull with disinterest. But to my utter misfortune, my angel makes no efforts to push the shapeshifter away so that he can be spooned in my arms.

The close proximity of my flower and the raven-haired panther finally reaches a pinnacle of wrath in my chest. Students in the hallway flit their eyes nervously back and forth as they feel the sticky humid waves of anger rolling off of my body. With each resonant stomp I take towards the pair, scurrying red dots fly across my vision until pure blood crimson flashes appear. Nothing can be seen past my lack of rationale because there is no way that Niall would ever think about cheating. Instead, gasps sound like airy chimes after there is a metallic clang. A low grunt and a high pitched squeal of terror are almost simultaneous.