So Close!

Sitting in a blizzard of ace in Ms. Whitman class, I stare off to space daydreaming about what I will do when summer comes along. I imagine the summer heat against my back making my back tanner than before and feeling the waves crash onto shore hearing people screaming every time the waves crash. My head twirls around the thought of summer so much that I begin to close my eyes making the image a lot more visible. I could imagine myself jogging up to the ocean waves and looking out to the distance and feeling my feet slowly buried underneath the wet sand. I imagine myself opening my arms wide and smelling the air while listening to the seagulls hauler, but as I listen more closer to the seagulls my brain becomes confused. I was wondering between whether it was someone calling me or if the seagulls were just particularly getting louder. 

"Jason!" She slaps the top of my desk.
"AH! Uhm..Yes Ms. Whitman?"
"Summer isn't here yet, you ding-gus, you still have 48 hours before it does start, now pay attention!"

I blink a couple of times and sigh slightly heavy thinking when can I ever get out of this prison. Bell rings for lunch to start, as usual, some freaks would jump off of the lockers and ride their skateboards to the quad. While I walk casually down the stairs to the cafeteria. Life at any school is boring, if your not going to class your outside, if your not outside, your in the classrooms, that's as simple as it gets. I'm just an average popular boy, who loves playing sports and barely makes it through every class I take. Luckily summer is nearby, as I think more and more about summer my heart races and my mind is only focused on what I'm planning to do. 

"Now with the last of my lecture I..."

As I hear the mumbles Ms. Whitman the next afternoon, my mind contains only the sound of the beach. I place my hand under my chin and slowly my eyes closes again. I am for certain I'm not sleeping, but just dreaming. Quietly I could hear Jack from behind whispering, "Summer." Then from right to left, people slowly all around gradually shouts, "Summer." As the second hand ticks to 10, we count down,

"10....9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..!! SUMMER!!!"

Everybody throws up any or all of the papers that are on their desk and shouts for joy. Just like in High School Musical 2 when summer came although the only difference is we don't sing and dance from class room to hall then to the cafeteria. But we all ran outside and everybody charged to their vehicles or to the school buses and rush home to hurry home. I ran all the way home and when I got back I open the door and shout,

"READY FOR THE SUMMER?!"
"All set, bring your luggage down and were head out." 

Just like every summer there was nothing that I needed to worry about other than to care about what's going to be made this summer in Hawaii. 

"So close" I whisper to myself as my mom, dad, John and I all line up to get ourselves registered to the plane. All the time as we line up I would look up to the ceiling of the airport seeing the very detailed construction on how they designed the airport. I inhaled the air around me and smile to myself thinking about how close we are to paradise. 

"Jason come on! Your falling behind."
"Oh-oh!" 

Just before I ran to where my gang are, I suddenly have an intention to just look back to the open doors of the airport and just when I did, my heart aches sending a signal to my mind that I'll have a very unpleasant vacation.