Chapter 1: Beginnings

Alfea / winx dorm room

James was currently eating dinner with the winx and they were having a great time. They were currently eating James's version of fruit salad and pasta which they seemed to enjoy.

"This salad is delicious" said Flora.

"The restaurants back on earth don't make pasta like this, you're a top notch chef" said Bloom.

"Well thank you kindly girls but it can't be all that good, I just followed the recipes I've read in a book a year ago back on earth" said James.

"Maybe you have a magic touch" said Stella.

Musa, Tecna and Aisha all agreed that the food was great, they wouldn't be surprised if one day James decided to open up a café or restaurant.

"Well thanks girls, anyways I'm done with my portion so go ahead and eat the rest up" said James as he walked towards the sink.

"Alright!" shouted Stella happily.

"Stella be careful, you'll become a glutton soon" said Musa.

"Don't you know Musa? She already is one" said Tecna jokingly.

"Hey!" shouted Stella indignantly.

"Now now Stella, Tecna's just teasing. You know, its hard to believe that someone who cooks food like this.....took part in the biggest war in magix history" said Aisha.

"Its surprising really, we know what he's done back then since his history is all over the place but we don't actually know what its like. What he went through" said Bloom.

Unknown to the winx, James heard everything while he was washing the dishes.

"The war huh....." thought James.

Battlefield / 20 years ago

Cannon shots could be heard in the distance while soldiers and knights fighting for darkness and light charged at one another. It was a dark time for the magic dimension, it was a time of despair and chaos. The kingdoms of the world were each in desperate situations due to the overwhelming might of the dark armies spread far and wide. The kingdoms had to band together if the world was to be saved but the royalties each had a duty to their respective kingdoms. They had to make sure their people were safe and sound while their armies drove the creatures of darkness back. If something wasn't done soon, this world would surely fall.

Right now, the army belonging to the kingdom of Romulea was under siege and they were losing. Ghouls and monsters had made their way into the kingdom, terrorizing every man, woman and child. In the great castle of Romulea, the king and queen were in a heated debate with their generals.

"Your majesties, our forces are stretched thin! We simply don't have enough men to fight these creatures off! I recommend that we gather our people from the south and.....!" said a general.

"........No general, you and the others get our people to safety. We will remain behind" said king Winetka.

"But sir......" said another general.

"You have all served us well....but the time to part is now. My husband and I can guarantee your safety if you leave now. This kingdom is already lost.....and as its rulers.....we will remain here till the very end" said queen Linley.

"Go my friends, get our people to safety. It has been an honor to be your king and queen" said king Winetka.

The generals all reluctantly ran out the door, preparing to evacuate the cities while the king and queen looked out the window.