Chapter 13: The beast within

As the great beast flew to the air, dark clouds started appearing everywhere in the capital city. Naturally, the citizens started running away from the titanic creature that was quickly approaching them. In addition, since there were no more guardian fairies....nothing could stop it. The only thing that the police and military could do was to help with the evacuation procedure.

"We're doomed, without the guardians there's no way to stop that thing!" shouted a citizen.

"HAHA!!!! Not to worry everyone, soon you will see them again....inside of my belly!" yelled the beast.

Soon the beast began absorbing the citizens, it even crushed the shelters that they were hiding in.

"I'm afraid that your resistance is futile, in just a few short moments your energies will be used by me as fuel for my power" said the beast.

As the beast continued absorbing the citizens, the police and military forces, James was still fighting to stay out of the beast. He was slowly sinking deeper and deeper inside of the beast and he couldn't hang on for long.

"You know, it would be so much easier if you just gave up. Look on the bright side, the future that you've envisioned will become a reality! Just picture it my boy, a world where you make the rules through me! It can all be yours, just give in and let me give it to you" said the beast.

Soon only James's face was partly visible while his right arm was still sticking out. He soon heard...female voices?

"Alright beast, what's going on?" asked James.

"James....." said a voice.

"Is that you......Liliana? But I thought you were turned into a....." asked James.

"Physically yes, but not my spirit......I'm fading......" said Liliana.

Soon the beast roared in victory as it had absorbed all of the people in the capital city.

"I've robbed the fairies of their transformations, there's nothing that can be done now!" yelled the beast.

"Oh no, what the beast had said was true. Every single one of them, they're inside of the beast.....I'm too late. He took them all.....even the guardians of all the realms" thought James.

Then James's face disappeared as it went beneath the beast's skin. At that point, James's right arm was the only thing that was still sticking out.

"I must......hold on" thought James.

James then continued to hear the voices of the fairies and soon the citizens that had been captured. They were all crying for help.

"I want to help them but how? I'm still sinking, soon I'll be engulfed in darkness as I continue dropping down" thought James.

Suddenly, James had an idea....it was a long shot....but he had to try.

"Of course.....this may be the only way of fighting back, if I can hear the people that are trapped inside......that should mean that they can hear me as well. Liliana proved that theory" thought James.

Soon James gathered what strength he had left and addressed the people that were trapped inside of the beast.

"Listen to me all of you, especially the guardian fairies.......just this once I beg of you......heed my words. Each one of us is a mere glimmer of light in this vast darkness.....alone we may seem insignificant but combined together...we can radiate enough energy to conquer the darkness. Now please....if you can hear me, focus on the light within your heart! Its the only way to save ourselves! Remember those that you care about!" shouted James.