Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Daniella's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm burning inside and out. It only takes me seconds after waking to realize I'm in heat. Shit Zach's here, unmated males are a force to be reckoned with when their mate, or any unmated female for that matter, is in heat. I jump out of bed and try to cool myself down.

"You're in heat," I hear Zach say, I look in the mirror and he is standing right behind me. His eyes are practically glowing golden. He's smelling me, but I know that since I'm in heat I have pack members in heat I need to deal with.

Just as I was about to mind link Will, there is a knock at the door. "Dani, it's heat and we need help keeping the unmated males and females separated," he tells me. Being an alpha I don't get to lay in bed and endure the pain of my heat, I have to work through it.

"You're not going out there smelling like that to deal with unmated wolves," Zach growls.

"It's my job, Zach you know that," I tell him sternly. "It's not like I haven't been doing to for years," I mumble afterward.

Wanting to act on my own mating hormones, my wolf was demanding that we mark and mate Zach this second. Trying to keep control over my wolf, I walk out with Zach hot on my tail. "Zach listen to me you can't kill every wolf that looks at me out there okay? You've got to keep your composure, I'm yours, so don't attack juveniles acting on their desires," I try to warn him.

He just growls lowly at me causing me to roll my eyes. Will and I have a process that we use every year to try and handle the situation, so we just need to go and separate them and get the females cared for by elders and mated wolves. Zach does nothing but growl at anyone who dares to look at me, but he listens and doesn't try and hurt anyone.

Once the wolves are separated I head home. The second we walk through the door Zach all but throws me against the wall and kisses me aggressively. "Zach stop," I say weakly because my wolf is compelling me to let him have us, but this isn't the way it supposed to happen. "Zach," I say firmly this time.

He backs away, "I'm sorry, but you just smell so god damn sweet and it's getting hard to control my wolf."

"I know it's hard for me too," I tell him, "if my packs in heat so is yours, why don't you seem worried?"

"I mind linked Maxwell to see if they needed me, but he said they had it handled. And even if they didn't I was not leaving you here alone unmarked and unmated, so they still would've had to figure it out themselves," he says frustratedly.

I feel like crap, I'm still burning up and needy.

"What can I do to help you besides the obvious solution?" he asks.  As much as I want him, if we mated now it would just me hormonal impulses, and I want it to mean more than that.

"Can you just hold me please," I ask him. I just need some relief from the searing pain. We lay down and he wraps his arms around me and it dissolves some of the pain away. We fall asleep like that, me wrapped in his arms.

~~~

Heat usually lasts about three days and first thing in the morning Zach makes it clear that he will not be leaving my side until my heat is gone. It took me a while to convince him to stay on the other side of the door while I showered.

I know that once heat is over and Zach has gone back home that I will be meeting with first my elites then my entire pack to discuss the situation. If I want to be with Zach, it means his pack and mine would combine, he being the alpha and I would become a luna. That's not a decision I am allowed to make on my own, that would be selfish and create civil war within the pack.