Chapter 1: The festival

"Vex wake up! It's the village festival today!" A voice called from somewhere in a land of darkness...
"VEX!"
Vexyn woke up. Almost jumping a mile as she saw her father standing in the doorway to her bedroom. "Daad! I'm getting up I swear!" The tiny dragon wolf groaned. For an eight year old she wasn't a fan of being up earlier than 8am. And it was 7:45.  She moved out of bed. Her black tshirt came well past her knees. The young dragon wolf ran over to her closet. And threw on a grey tshirt. Black shorts and a red scarf. Vyxen ran down the stairs and smiled. She was hoping she was the chosen one this year, for multiple different reasons as the chosen one got to go on a quest that would benefit their life forever, the chosen ones always looked so cool with their weapons for their quests!! Vexyn looked at her father with a small smile. "Do you think I'll be the chosen one this year?" She spread her wings slightly in hope. "I don't know.. It's usually the older creatures. Better not get your hopes up" her father replied calmly, he knew how dangerous the quests could be.  Vexyn smiled at her father "bye dad! I'm meeting Quinn and Ben at the festival!" And with that, she ran out of the door, laughing.