Epilogue - Two Years Later

"And this," Julie says in a baby voice as she walks in their apartment.  "Is your new home."

The new family of four enters the apartment with Julie clutching their new baby girl, Hope.    

Matt carries Brynn into the apartment with a smile.  Over the last two years, they've made severe progress.  After seeing a marriage counselor, they saw major improvement within the first five months.  Hope was not planned but when they found out, they considered her to be a miracle and a sign that things were going to get much better.  

Walking into the nursery, Julie lay Hope down in the crib while Matt puts Brynn in her room.  They  decided to move back to Texas to be closer to Julie's family and to try and start over.  Matt now owns an art museum in downtown Austin while Julie runs her own business online through Etsy.  

When they both make their way to their bedroom, Matt embraces her in a hug.  "We still have a few hours before we need to leave." he says.  Julie yawns.  "Nap with me." she says.  They lay on the bed and face each other.  Matt smiles at her and rubs her cheek before kissing her forehead.  "Thank you for giving me a family." he whispers.  She smiles.

"Thank you for giving me another chance."

********************

Tim slides his Ariat boots on his feet in the living room.  They need to be going and Lyla is still getting ready.  "Lyla!" he calls for her.  "Come on, we need to be going!"  he slides his right boot on and stands up. Lyla walks around the corner from the bedroom with a smile on her face.  His wife is absolutely stunning.  He can't believe she agreed to marry him even though their 'wedding' was them signing the papers in the courthouse two years ago.  

He looks her over in her army green dress and cowboy boots.  Her hair is in waves, just the way he likes it.  "We might not make it to the game on time." he says walking up to her, kissing her in appreciation.  She backs away from him with a smile.  "What are you smiling it?" he asks her, resting his forehead against hers.  She steps out from his hold and holds up a small white stick with two blue lines.  It takes Tim a minute to realize what he's looking at.  Looking back to Lyla with a mouth wide open and wide eyes, he smiles.  "Seriously?" he asks.

With tears in her eyes, she nods.  Being married to Tim was something she never thought would happen and now she's carrying his child.  These past two years have been the best two years of her life and everyday she praises herself for leaving Nashville to come back home to Dillon.  He's finally the man she always wanted him to be and he makes her incredibly happy. Tim picks her up with a happy laugh and swings her around before kissing her.  He's going to have a baby.  Being a father was something he never imagined he would be capable of but now he's going to have a baby... with Lyla.  

"I love you so much, you know that?" he says, setting her down after kissing her.

She smiles at him.  "I love you too...daddy."

He laughs and kisses her once more, loving the new life he's created.

********************

Tami knocks on the door to the office in the clubhouse as she walks in.  Eric is sitting at the desk with his eyes closed and hands above his head.  Seeing him in that shade of blue again makes her smile and she kisses his neck, wrapping her arms around him as she leans down from behind.  "Nervous?" she asks.  He shakes his head.  "This is nothing." he jokes.  He swivels in his chair and pulls her into his lap to kiss her.  A knock on the door signals it's his cue and she gets up for him to get ready.  "Knock 'em dead, coach." she says with a smile before leaving.

Tami waits in the stands for her guests to arrive.  It's the first game night of the season and the place is packed.  They're moments away from running onto the field and it feels bittersweet to be back at this school.  "Mom." she hears.  She turns to her right and see Julie  followed by Matt and her two grand-babies.  Her eyes grow wide and she smiles.  "Oh my goodness, this can not be baby Brynn!" She says, bending down to the little girl.  Her eyes follow to Matt who's carrying Hope in the carrier.  Matt smiles and picks Hope out of the carrier, handing her to Tami.  "She's beautiful." she says.  

"Saracen!" Tim says as him and Lyla step into the row below them.  They exchange hello's and congratulations on the new baby.  "We're expecting too." Lyla says smiling.

In the locker room, Eric gets the team ready to go out with one of his pep talks.  They run out onto the field and he stands in the locker room, looking at the blue and yellow 'P' and 'J. Street' taped on the wall before leaving.  Walking onto the field, he spots his family in the stands and smiles.  Looking at the center of the field at the painted words: 'Dillon Panthers', he says to himself:

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."