CHAPTER 8 - THE NEW GIRL

Monday. The day Mondo wanted to never come. The first day of school without Ishimaru. The first day of school he was completely alone. Not completely, he had Chihiro and maybe Leon, he had been ditched from his gang. And he avoided the girls as much as he could. He thought there might be a new person replacing Ishimaru, he could get to know them. Mondo sat on his bed staring at the ceiling, he was already dressed, and waited for Daiya to storm into his bedroom and tell him he's going to be late. Soon after Daiya did storm in, shouting at Mondo to leave. And as if rehearsed Mondo got up, grabbed his school bag - which actually had school utilities in it - and left. Walking with his shoulders slumped, Mondo looked over to his left. And saw a girl he had never seen before. He ran over the road to this girl. "Yo!" He smiled, sticking his thumb out. The girl quickly became secluded and crossed her arms and shivered.

"You're not going to try and hit on me are you?" She sounded scared.

"Nah!" His thumb was still out. "I have a boyfriend," Putting his thumb down, the girl had eased up.

"You mean you're g-g?" She struggled to form the words she wanted to,

"Gay? Yeah," Mondo had said the word out loud for the first time, and with more confidence than he thought he'd had. "So. Are you going to that school?" He pointed to the school.

"Yeah, I think. I just moved here and I'm starting school already." Mondo and the girl had started walking, he shot his hand out.

"I'm Mondo Oowada. Nice to meetcha. Geez that feels weird saying that without swearing."

"You swear a lot?" She shook Mondo's hand. "Hi, I'm Hannah Brown, emigrated from England."

"Yeah I do," They let go of each other's hands, "You'll have fun trying to remember peoples' names." He laughed.

"So, who's your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Kiyotaka Ishimaru, but he moved school. Well to cut a long story short, his parents don't condone of homosexuality so they've forced him to have a girlfriend and they moved him away from me."

"Just you?"

"Yeah, just me. He was Hall Monitor, no one liked him. But me."

"He seems kind." Hannah spoke. The schoolyard was full with students. Hannah and Mondo walked into the cafeteria, they walked past the cluster of bikers there.

"Oh so you're straight again Mondo?" They shouted, tormenting him, he turned a cold should and continued to walk.

"What if I could help you get Ishimaru back, but it'll take time." Hannah said, then she left. Going to class early. History, Mondo sat down in his seat shortly after the bell had went. Hannah sat in front of him, in Ishi's old seat.

Ishimaru's first class in Hope High Academy was Math. He had noticed his and Junko's timetables were the exact same, teachers as well. Ishimaru sat in his seat, paying no attention to Junko who was at the back trying to get his attention, he paid attention to the teacher and the lesson, no one else. The teacher had left the class, Ishimaru stopped working, and pulled open his tray. His phone sat there, he pressed the home button, seeing a text, from Junko. He locked the phone again and went back to his work. Within the next minute Ishimaru was finished, and the teacher hadn't came back. He put his right hand on the desk and dropped his pencil. With his left hand he dug around in his pencil case, picking out the pen. Ishimaru pressed then pen on his skin and started drawing on his hand. He drew a love heart first of all, then Mondo's name in it. He heard the sound of someone scuffing their feet along the ground, putting his hand under the desk he turned around and saw Junko, slowly walking over to him. Just as she was about to get to Ishimaru the teacher had came back in. "Miss Enoshima! Back into your seat please." Miss Angela Greenwood bellowed. Junko scoffed and didn't move. "I understand this is your father's school, but you will have to go back to your seat. You're a student here, not your father's daughter." Junko slowly walked back to her seat. Sitting down and staring at Ishimaru. Ishimaru picked his pencil back up and continued on the next page.