Chapter 10

Stefan hurried scared, he fear the worst. He didn’t want to lose Sam, it was fine when he was ok and alive, Stefan cold move on even if it was painful for him, at least he knew Sam was unharmed and moving on with his life without Stefan around him. But the thought of the world without Sam Winchester was a world Stefan didn’t want to live in, so when he tried Sam’s cellphone and he got no answer, he knew he had to trust Damon’s word. No one could blame Stefan for not trusting his only living relative, after all Damon had a dark sense of humor, to others Damon’s idea of a good time was a nightmare, what Damon thought it was funny, others gaped and shudder at how sick and demented his brother was.

And he guesses now was the only time Damon had decided to actually be as human as he could get, he was worried about Stefan and wanted him to be ok, so Stefan felt like a jackass at not trusting his brother.

~*~*~*~*

He made it the next day and without wasting another minute he went up to the door and banged on it, an annoyed Bobby answers the door, the old man looked older than the last time Stefan saw him. And Stefan understood how bad Sam’s situation really was, he was barely controlling the tears that were threating to flow out of his eyes as he silently went inside after Bobby stood to the side to let him in.

In the living room he found Adam sitting on Castiel’s lap, Stefan’s eyebrows went up in surprise but didn’t comment on it, he seen that coming when he saw how Castiel looked at Adam the last time he was around them.

‘’Hey, we’re glad you’re here.’’ Adam said in a way of welcoming him.

‘’I got here as fast as I could, how is-‘’ He couldn’t finish his sentence; it was taboo asking anyone about the man he grown to loved. Adam nodded in understanding, Stefan was thankful that the younger Winchester didn’t talk anymore, instead he stood up and gesture to Stefan to follow him.

Stefan dreaded the distance, and once he was in front of Sam’s room, Stefan hesitated at the door, Adam gave him time by leaning on the door with his arms closed, and his eyes study Stefan from head to toe.

‘’I’m sorry to tell you this, but you look like shit.’’ Out of everything Stefan thought was going to hear he had to admit that wasn’t of them.

‘’I’ve been moving around a lot, haven’t fed like I should.’’ He grumbles looking everywhere but at Adam’s probing gaze.

‘’Sam wouldn’t want you hurting Stefan, he really cares for you.’’ Stefan’s strength was thin so at those words, he broke and as he slowly turns to look at Sam’s younger brother, he let the tears come out of his eyes, Adam’s eyes widens as he sees Stefan that way.